“Great class”
Review of Caroline Hope

Caroline Hope
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Caroline offers classes covering all aspects relating to the magical world of English tea time. More than 4,000 visitors have travelled to London to attend her workshops and classes. Her workshops and classes range from private classes for two people upwards to large group events on scheduled dates. Information is imparted in a fun and practical way to give you confidence to replicate your own tea party at home. The most popular class is the Afternoon tea party baking class followed by a tea party. Other classes and workshops include mastering how to make the Parisian style macaron, a guided tea tour around the Victoria and Albert Museum, and an extended multiple day workshop programme covering all every aspect of English tea time from tea tasting, tea party baking, social history of tea parties in context and how to present your own tea party.
Reviewed 25 July 2018

This is more than just a class where you go to bake recipes. It is obvious that Caroline has put a lot of thought into designing the class to teach key techniques of baking. Caroline is very knowledgeable about all aspects of English tea.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
carolinehopetea, Owner at Caroline Hope, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Thank you for your very kind review and I am so pleased you appreciated that some thought had gone into the planning of each of the items we baked. Sometimes I worry I might appear a bit slapdash in my approach but that is more my manner rather than lack of planning, I hope that you had a great time in the UK on your holiday. With warmest wishes, Caroline

All reviews
"clotted cream"
"lovely teacher"
"baking experience"
in 3 reviews
"highly recommend this class"
"cooking class"
"learned how"
"british culture"
"notting hill"

Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

My husband, 6 year old daughter and I took Caroline’s Afternoon tea class last week— it was our favorite thing we did in London. We had a great time and Caroline was a wonderful host. Everything we baked was delicious—we can’t wait to make some treats at home.

Caroline also suggested some non-touristy locations for us to visit and they were excellent.

We highly recommend her class!

Date of experience: July 2018
carolinehopetea, Owner at Caroline Hope, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a glowing report - it was a pleasure to meet you all.

Reviewed 10 July 2018

Caroline is an amazing host. You can tell she is very passionate about baking and takes her time to explain you things that you didn’t think were important. I loved taking her class and would definitely do it again. She is such a pleasure to be around. Everything turned out so delicious! And at the end she made sure we all knew how to get back to our destinations, such an incredible and thoughtful host. Take this class if you’re considering it!

Date of experience: June 2018
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
carolinehopetea, Owner at Caroline Hope, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Thank you so much for your kind words - it is very kind of you to take the time to review - I hope the 'tank fest' was a success for your Dad! Caroline

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

This was a fabulous cooking experience. While visiting London, this is so much more than an English tea. Caroline is a fabulous teacher and so knowledgeable on what a true tea should be. She was patient and took her time to ensure that we experienced how to create a Victoria Sponge, shortbread, and scones. Everything was delicious and all questions addressed. I would highly recommend this to someone wanting an uncrowded, non-tourist experience in London.

Date of experience: July 2018

Thank you so much for your review - I hope you found the recipe downloads and I hope that I stated the correct amounts converting from grams to cups. I shall remember you and yours sister and hope your respective dogs did not miss you too much when you are both traveling in Europe. With warmest wishes, Caroline

See more reviews
Reviewed 3 July 2018

This was a very fun and interesting afternoon and my wife and daughters loved it. They took the Macaron class and had so much fun and loved learning a new baking skill. Caroline made them feel right at home and was a very professional, knowledgeable and lovely hostess. We will certainly attend another one of her classes the next time we visit London. Fantastic experience!

Date of experience: June 2018
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Thank you so much for your kind review - it was a pleasure to meet you all and I am still laughing about how sedate your daughters must have found the experience of (horse) riding in Hyde Park. I think they were probably both far more in tune with horses galloping across the land in Texas. I hope your whole European adventure was a memorable experience. Caroline