“Tasty pizza”

Four Hundred Rabbits
Ranked #3 417 of 24 268 Restaurants in London
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I popped in to have lunch and the place was crazy busy but even like that we had a quick service and the pizza was delivered on time! I could see the Italian chef working,very quick and professional, a really good experience, I will come back

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is a popular, lively, informal restaurant that does an imaginative range of sourdough pizzas, some interesting drinks (including craft beers) and nice ice cream. It's always good for a quick, not too expensive meal. However, on our most recent visit the service could have been better - our meals were served at different times - and the salad seemed to have been doused in vinegar so was inedible. That said, definitely worth a visit if you're south of the river and want a restaurant with a bit of atmosphere.

Reviewed 13 March 2018

To pass by 400 Rabbits it would seem like a hang out spot. Once inside the place still feels nice if a little cold.The server ever so quietly spoke to us and 'pointed us' to our table - not particularly cool.

Anyhow once we sat down we had a look at the menu. Our server came and took our order. He was pretty knowledgeable about the pizzas to be fair, though when I asked about what lager was available he indicated that the selection was more craft beer orientated - so the closest thing was a 'blondish beer'. Nothing to do with him but...side rant... I don't like pale ale. If you don't have lager you might as well not serve beer! Lager goes well with pizza. Get some regular lager!!...side rant over!

Anyhow when the pizzas arrived they were really good. I'm sorry I didn't take a pic as they looked ace and tasted equally so! I had the beef pizza and it as really tasty, an didn't sit in my stomach afterwards - a good sign!

We had tea afterwards and ice cream. After the success of the pizza, the place took a bit of a nosedive again..the tea was fine but no spoon or sugar was offered. Anyhow, the ice cream while nice was a bit of a swizz - we ordered two scoops but they came in a measly little paper tub with tiny plastic spoons. The two scoops really resemble one scoop to be honest. Like I said the ice cream was fine, but the most disappointing issue with the dessert was that this place seems like its environmentally friendly, with its decor and how cutlery is is presented in tin cans. Yet, ice cream is brought out in paper tubs and disposable rubbishy little plastic spoons. I get that if they were to give you proper tea spoons, the ice cream would be gone in a flash (there's that swizz again), but still it's disappointing.

If I could rate this place 3½, I would. The pizzas are lovely and is the main reason to come here, it's just a pity there are elements outside of the pizzas that let it down a bit.

Reviewed 18 February 2018

Wonderful sourdough pizzas. Unusual toppings, and great craft beers. Feels genuinely local rather than a chain. Wonderful atmosphere, friendly helpful staff. A great find and I look forward to returning.

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

We stumbled across this place as we were staying in a god awful hotel locally, and it looked right up our street advertising craft beers and sourdough pizza. Our idea of heaven. We were not disappointed! We consider ourselves pizza aficionados having eaten pizza across Italy and it’s our favourite meal to eat out. The margherita was quite possibly the best we’ve ever eaten - perfect crust, a beautiful tomato sauce and just the right amount of mozzarella! Perfecto. We also had the white courgette and feta pizza and it was delicious, if a tad too much topping if we were being uber picky! We have a similar pizza from our local pizzeria which adds lemon zest and it adds another level of flavour to the courgette, the chefs may wish to try this!