“Quick, easy ride from Gatwick to Victoria Station!!”
Review of Gatwick Express

Gatwick Express
Reviewed 15 August 2018

If you are flying into Gatwick and you need to get into Central London- you must take the Gatwick express! It is by far quicker and cheaper than going any other way, and easy to locate at the airport! Our ride took about 25 minutes to get to Victoria Station and was a pleasure! And they run often from early morning to late at night!

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"pounds"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 29 July 2018

My wife, tween, and I took it from Gatwick Airport to Victoria like mid day Sunday in late July. It was just about the easiest thing I ever did. We had a huge piece of luggage, and a smaller piece, and two backpacks. We had no trouble finding a spot....actually a table. We were slightly in the way of others moving around but not much. It wasn't crowded at all. This was a no brainer. I'd do it again in a heartbeat. The most difficult part was knowing where we were when we exited Victoria. That was disorienting, but the attendant helped. It was awesome that the trains leave every 15 minutes or so.

Reviewed 28 July 2018

It is very fast and the price is great when traveling with a family of four. It was however very crowded and there is not enough luggage storage and we only use carry-ons when we travel. The app also has problems as it would not complete my purchase despite charging my credit card. They fixed it when I called but that was a ton of added time.

Reviewed 27 July 2018

We pre-booked standard tickets on Gatwick Express for 2 adults and 2 kids at 35.70 pounds which I found reasonable against taxi fares from Gatwick to London Victoria.

To get to Gatwick Express - as flights come to the North terminal, you need to walk to the South Terminal and take the shuttle service to the station.

We found the Gatwick Express to Victoria very convenient to travel along with 2 kids and 4 suitcases; and in 30 odd minutes, we were in Victoria.

A great way to travel and easy on your pockets too.

Tip: pre-book your tickets for best rates. additionally, while booking choose the option 'Anytime travel', so you can play safe in case your flight is delayed, etc.

3  Thank svf2510
See more reviews
Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

Gatwick Express.... First off, it should be called the Brighton Express because that's where it actually goes. Which also means that many of the passengers are not going to or from Gatwick.

It's also rubbish as an airport service as most people travelling to Gatwick are doing so because it's an airport. People usually go to the airport to get on an airplane. It logically follows that travellers to the airport will have luggage. Which makes it incredibly inconvenient that Thameslink uses carriages with the least available luggage space for a service allegedly aimed at airport travellers. There is a small section in the carriage that will hold four small cases. The overhead storage is big enough for laptop sized bags. That's it. That's the luggage capacity.

There were four of us travelling: myself and wife, a teenager, and a nine year old. We each had a small rucksack. Two small cases and a medium sized case.

Journey 1- Victoria to Gatwick. Standing all the way, along with numerous others. Nowhere to put the luggage so had to wedge the cases in by a single seat. Leg went dead from acting as a luggage rack for 30 minutes.

Journey 2 (one week later) - Gatwick to Victoria. Standing again. Space for one of the small cases in the ludicrously small luggage area. My nine year old was able to sit in a seat, but many passengers selfishly putting their luggage or shopping bags on seats. When the inspector/train manager came along he said nothing to any of the people taking up seats with luggage even after I said to him about it. I'm fairly sure it's part of his job, but what do I know?

Totally unacceptable service.
We will never use a Thameslink service in future. If you are thinking of using the Gatwick(Brighton) Express: don't. Take any other mode of transport. I understand the National Express from Victoria goes there. Use that. It might take longer but your luggage will be secure and you're guaranteed a seat.

3  Thank David N