“Exquisite!”

Macellaio RC Exmouth Market
Reserve with OpenTable
Macellaio RC Exmouth Market is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #653 of 24 651 Restaurants in London
Neighbourhood: Clerkenwell
Neighbourhood: Clerkenwell
Reviewed 27 November 2016

Part of me doesn't want to write a review for this place in case it becomes any more popular! I honestly can say I had one of the best meals of my life here. The concept is simple: that tuna and steak can both be prepared in the same way. Starters are tuna or beef carpaccio or tartare and mains are steaks...tuna steak or beef steak. We (two of us) had the tuna and beef tartares to start with and then the beef steak for main. Both tartares were delicious. I'm a bit of a steak fiend and the steak...beautiful. So full of flavour and perfectly cooked. And because the meal was just delightful I was sure we wouldn't be disappointed by the basil panacotta. I was right - it was the perfect way to end such a delicious meal. We went as a couple on a Friday night and were seated without having to book a table. It was at the end of summer so the outside tables were all taken up but the inside has a lovely rustic ambience and was lovely too. For two of us I think the meal and a bottle of wine was less than £100 which I'd be more than willing to pay over and over and over again - I was in food heaven.

MacellaioRC, Events Manager at Macellaio RC Exmouth Market, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2016

Dear TaljaD.,
Such a wow review!
Many thanks for taking the time to write about your dining experience. Your comments have been conveyed to the entire team here at Macellaio RC Exmouth Market and we do hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed 17 November 2016 via mobile

Went here for a birthday dinner and it didn't disappoint. I wanted somewhere a bit different and this place was amazing. Sophistication with a twist. The food was delicious, atmosphere great and the staff very helpful and friendly. The carpaccio's of beef and tuna were delicious then had the beef and tuna steaks which melted in your mouth. Had a great bottle of wine recommended by the barman. Will definitely go again.

MacellaioRC, Events Manager at Macellaio RC Exmouth Market, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2016

Dear Zoe L.,
Many thanks for taking the time to write such a lovely review on TripAdvisor. We are so pleased to hear that we ticked all the boxes for you and that you enjoyed your evening with us. We sincerely hope to you again in the near future.

Reviewed 14 November 2016 via mobile

What can you add when something is just "home".. So if you want to be safe, come and find shelter...come
here! You won't leave disappointed, from the welcome to the goodbye and trust me..you will look forward to come back! Thanks a lot to Walter and all the team (Specially Giorgia!!!)

Dear Andrea P.,
It's a delight to read such a lovely review. Many thanks! Your wonderful feedback regarding the service and atmosphere has been passed onto the entire team. I hope you will join us again here at Macellaio RC Exmouth Market in the very near future.

Reviewed 14 November 2016 via mobile

Great food with excellent service provided by beautiful, helpful and smily Georgia. The cheesecake melted my heart. I will definitely reccomend this restaurant to all of my friends!

Dear Inka R.,
Such a wonderful comment. We really appreciate you taking the time to write about your dining experience at Macellaio RC in Exmouth Market. The team here are delighted to hear such a fantastic feedback and we are looking forward to having you back with us very soon.

Reviewed 14 November 2016 via mobile

Best steak in London!!great service and beautiful atmosphere!!try the tartar with gorgonzola cheese!

Dear Claudio L.,
We appreciate you taking the time to leave such a lovely review following your visit to Macellaio RC in Exmouth Market and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome back again soon