“FISH FRIDAY”
Review of The Mossy Well

The Mossy Well
Ranked #4 320 of 24 683 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$1 - US$18
Description: Opened in October of 2015, The Mossy Well is named after the nearby 'well of the mossy spring' situated in Highgate Woods. The Mossy Well is a natural spring that became a place of Pilgrimage after allegedly curing King Malcolm IV of an undisclosed illness. The pub is located on the site of the Original Express Dairy company that first opened on the site in 1900, the original features of which can still be seen around the pub. Come along and enjoy great value food and drink and exceptional service at Muswell Hill's alternative healing spring!
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Fish Friday is fun and Good Friday should be no exception. The fish was amazing however the chips were cold. Unusually we were asked how was our meal. We advised of our disappointment. A bowl of hot fresh chips appeared almost immediately. Bravo Mossy Well and our most efficient server.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

Normally a good service.
Today all the staff want to do is
Talk amongst themselves and not
Serve customers. Even so much as joking around, showing there backs to customers!

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

I’ve eaten here quite a few times. I don’t expect much to go wrong, it’s Wetherspoons after all, not a 5 star Michelin restaurant.
I’ve had quite a few problems here before, between nasty managers, poor service and to put it kindly, horrific food - but for some strange reason I came here with my family.
I eat in different Wetherspoons all the time so it baffles me as to why this one is so different.
I ordered a pizza. I’d had a pizza before so I didn’t think it could go wrong.
It came out soggy, oily underneath, oil dripping off, wet. See the pictures attached. I asked for it to be sent back and cooked thoroughly - when it returned it was rock hard. It has been microwaved. It was disgusting!
My grandmother ordered fish and chips. We didn’t know wether to be horrified to go laugh when her plate was laid in front of her with a fillet of fish and nothing, I mean nothing else on the plate. We eventually got the waiters attention and asked where her chips were? He looked confused and stood there staring. Her chips came after 15 minutes. Her fish was cold.

I don’t need to say much more about our time here.

Honestly the service here is ATROCIOUS. I love Wetherspoons, I love the food and the service - but this Wetherspoons is absolutely dreadful.

2  Thank TravellingFoodieGirl
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

When I entered the bar I noticed a odd smell in the air coming from the front of the pub, I found this quite offensive to the nose. I would recommend sitting upstairs to avoid the smell.

The staffs uniform policy of a plain t-shirt I found to be too casual, would like to see a shirt and tie look.

Reviewed 26 February 2018

We came here for a bite to eat before a gig at Ally Pally. I was pleasantly surprised with everything at this pub. It was very busy, due to a rugby match on tv, so we headed upstairs. As we were reading the menu, we noticed we could order from our phones. This came in very handy as the queues were quite long and we didnt fancy bringing the drinks upstairs. Our drinks came very quickly and so did our food. The food was very hot, tasty and the prices were super cheap! The pub is very clean and spacious. The only downfall is the tables are very sticky, but that tends to be a standard with a Spoons! ;) If you want a bite to eat before heading to Ally Pally, head here!