“Service horrible”

Cuisines: Chinese
Neighbourhood: Soho
Neighbourhood: Soho
Reviewed 2 April 2018

I went to The Duck and Rice with two friends, for a girly catch up.
I have ordered chow mein noodles which had no flavour at all, but the peking duck my friend has ordered was very nice . The drinks are very expensive and stuff... Stuff is not interested at all. I have never seen a group of so many miserable people in one place. We had a table for a certain time and half an hour before that, we could tell they were all looking and chatting about us going, when we have asked to order another drink hostess rolled her eyes and said yes, you have 20 more minutes, i guess you can.
This is a real shame as the venue is really nice , decor and seats are welcoming, but it has been a long time since i had such a bad service in London.
So as previous review said - i would avoid and chose something in Chinatown instead.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We had a lovely evening celebrating my wife’s birthday, decor is great, all the staff were attentive and friendly and really did care. The food was awesome, what a night, probably the best Chinese I have eaten for years, very busy restaurant so you must book, highly recommended.
Kevin Martin

1  Thank Kevin M
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Lovely decor, average food, overpriced, disinterested staff. I’d head to china town, where at least the waiter will remember what you ordered and the food isn’t overpriced.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

So disappointed. We have been served after 2 hours,food was cold,staff was useless, overpriced.never again. Ruined our Easter day dinner.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Visited with my daughter who recommend .Table needs to be booked as its busy and good atmosphere ,nice surroundings,good service ,lagers/ beers. The food was served hot but came in snatches particularly the main courses .The rice came as she had finished the other parts of main course .An apology and no quibble reduction of bill.The quality was good and enjoyed by all .I am not a great fan of rice but the special fried rice was excellent . Whilst I felt it was a little pricy ,it was middle London and we all enjoyed ourselves .

1  Thank cjmorpeth