“Limited veggie options and average pasta”

Antonio's Ristorante
Ranked #934 of 24 258 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$21 - US$49
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Bus 43, Walking ditance to Angel Tube and also Highbury Islington Tube
Description: Antonio’s Ristorante is a family owned Italian restaurant on Upper Street in Islington one of London restaurants most popular eating and drinking destinations. From the beginning the aim has been to provide good quality homemade Italian food and to create a memorable experience for our guests in a happy and cosy environment. At Antonio's we believe in informal but excellent service. When it’s comes to cookery Antonio who was born in England & father is from Calabria, South Italy believes in a good quality but basic concept with the minimum of fuss and the maximum of flavour.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The service here is pretty good and they were very lovely for the mini members of our group but tbh their veggie options were limited and the one I did order was overwhelmed by chilli without any other flavours.

Definitely recommend the bruchetta except the bread isn't vegan usually (we were lucky they'd made some vegan bread for a previous party).

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Absolutely lovely restaurant set just aside of the main street. We were walmly welcomed and the service provided by Emmanuelle was brilliant. We were even treated to a complimentary digestive shot to help us deal with all the amazing food we had eaten. Would recommend to anyone who is looking for a cool, quaint and honestly Italian night.

Reviewed 13 March 2018

Walking into Antonio's is like walking into a little piece of Italy. It's perfect. The waiters are Italian and happy to speak English or Italian. I arrived early and they brought me delicious little pieces of warm cooked pizza bread while I waited. Our food was lovely. The pizza was amazing, with more home made dough. I had the goat's cheese souffle which was big enough for a main with a side salad if you don't have a large appetite. The staff were helpful and friendly. Will definitely go back.

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

I have been to Antonio’s several times, and the food has always been lovely. The service has aleays been great too.

Reviewed 13 February 2018

I haven't been to Antonio's for several years but it's the first place I seek out whenever I'm back in London and I'm never disappointed. Tony himself gives such a wonderful welcome and our waiter, Jason, was an absolute star - he gave some excellent recommendations from the menu and we felt entirely spoiled. The food is lovely, the atmosphere is great and it is clear that the people who work there and run the business care deeply about their customers' happiness. I can't recommend strongly enough.