Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
MarkLPetty

Good hotel in a good central location.

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 05 Aug 2021
The hotel was clean and the staff very friendly/helpful.

The hotel was in a good central location, so it was easy to get into Central London and easy to get back to at night.

The hotel was also reasonably priced.
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviews (3 319)
3 320 results
1 385
1 385
All reviews super room travel lodge tesco express budget hotel coffee machine family room bus stop early check reception staff comfy bed tube station short stay moorgate shoreditch barbican hairdryer iron
Selected filters
1 448 - 1 453 of 3 320 reviews
Reviewed 3 August 2021 via mobile

This one was better then the one near kings cross and was a big improvement. Right on the main road and easy acess to old street, Liverpool street and london bridge. Staff were friendly and helpful. Rooms were lovely. My friend had a massive room with good views and a big bathroom. My room was a little smaller but cant complain. Bed was comfy, i had the shower and bathroom was big enough and looked decent and clean. Only down side was the kettle i had to make a hot drinj in the morning was leaking water so went to my friends room. Otherwise cant complain.

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 August 2021

The only good thing I can say was that the price was good but your clearly get what you pay for here.
*Our key cards kept not working despite being kept away from phones
*Our room was not cleaned or refreshed on our 2nd day depsite us being out between 9-5. For 2 people staying 2 nights we only had 2 coffee and tea packets, when asking for more I was made to feel like I was bothering the staff
*The windows do nothing for noise, we were located on the inside but even with the window closed we could hear people in a room to the side and 1 floor down who did not quieten down until 230am (on a Sunday night)
*I saw no extra cleaning that would be expected during Covid times, in fact one of the hand gel dispensers was empty
*The bed was very hard and uncomfortable
We won't be staying here again and will think twice before booking a Travelodge, like another reviewer I wish I'd paid for a better hotel

Reviewed 3 August 2021

My wife and l had to stay overnight ,after a minor op , the room was clean as was the bathroom, the bed very comfortable , only down side room was hot ,had a fan ,but had to open the windows to cool down and that let the noise in from outside ,apart from that we enjoyed our stay and will book again.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 1 August 2021

It's a travelodge so you know what to expect. Clean, standard stuff, no frills, but decent price and location. All the stuff the hotel can do, they do. The breakfast is cheap, tasty, wholesome and plentiful.

I arrived with my family for a last minute overnight stay in London. As we walked up moorgate, we started to hear the noise of stag/ hen parties and various other excitable folk all gravitating under the travelodge sign. The fabulous value rooms had not only attracted us, but also a lot of people coming to party.

We called it a day at about 10pm, retiring with g&t tinnies purchased from the conveniently located tescos next door, arguing over whether we watched a channel 5 Patrick Swayze documentary or the Olympic highlights. It was my birthday so I'm sure you'll be surprised to hear we ended up being informed about Patrick.

The imbibing lead to sleep, and all would've been well. That is, had the sounds of the apocalypse not exploded circa 12.30. The noises outside included a woman singing at top pitch, with a voice reminiscent of a witch burned at the stake, asked to sing a little mix hit while being slowly flattened by Fred Dibnah (God rest his sole) in his steam engine, a Mercedes amg flying up and down moorgate with a scaffold pipe exhaust system, gentleman generally shouting all manner of ungentlemanly obscenities, cackling women, confrontational chaps, the usual stuff you'd expect. I finally had enough so went to close the window, only to be astounded by the fact it was already closed. the building must have the thinnest glass ever fitted to a window frame, as I felt i was being immersed in the full dolby surround sound street experience.

Then the internal noise started. We were in the room opposite the lift door. The door to the lift area was consistently opened like it was an attraction at the fair ground, like one of those punching machines, who can bosh to door opened hardest. Swoosh, baaaaaannnnngggg. Then there were the cackling women and the ungentlemanly gentleman coming to bed, making as much noise inside as they were on the street outside. Only now they were inside so it was much louder. Then they got back to their rooms and carried on the noise and partying etc.

I heard the security guard/ night porter come to remind a neighbour that it was 5am, and they should probably think about reducing the noise they were making now.

In summary, an awful night in a hotel, but I don't place the blame for this with travelodge or the people out enjoying themselves, coming back a bit pissed making a racket. I place the blame squarly at my door for not following my daughters advice and booking a considerably more expensive hotel.

If you are coming on a weekend, and not planning on drinking till you drop, or getting off your face so you can't sleep anyway, this hotel may not be for you.

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2021 via mobile

The hotel was quite cheap in price and therefore I was not surprised by how basic it was. Although it could have benefited from some simple decoration to make the place mite comfortable.
Very central hotel though and ideal in location for Kings Cross.

Date of stay: June 2021