“Definitely I will not come back!”
Review of The Savoy Grill

The Savoy Grill
Ranked #926 of 24 648 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$0 - US$106
Cuisines: British
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Trafalgar Square / Embankment
Description: A fine Gordon Ramsay restaurant, The Savoy Grill offers a superb blend of classical French and British cuisine. Elegant and sophisticated, The Savoy Grill has a glamorous feel, with magnificent chandelier light fittings and exquisite décor. With stylish Art Deco design, The Savoy Grill has a striking rich red and black colour scheme and elegantly dressed booth tables. The Savoy Grill restaurant features an elegant private dining room with picturesque views over the Savoy courtyard and fountain, and there is also a chef's table with vibrant views of the glass panelled kitchen. Sumptuous dishes on the Savoy Grill menu include baked Hereford snails with parsley root purée, baked Orkney scallops with steamed leeks and shrimp butter or braised English hare with roasted saddle and buttered spätzle. The impressive wine list features a range of fine bottles. The Savoy Grill is an elegant fine dining restaurant in the heart of London. Charing Cross Rail Station is within easy reach.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Very disappointed. Reception cold, distant and with silently judgment about my clothing ( not too class for you woman at entrance???). Air conditioning very high! I was cold all the time! The chair of my table was broken...moving when I was sitting... I tried 3 others chairs: the same problem! And nobody helping me during this movement! Zero attention to the client! I asked a tap water... they bring me a bottle of still water I didn’t want! ( do you want to earn extra money???). The quality of meat too bad in comparison of the price! I can’t understand where is the Ramsay’s touch!!! I waited 50 minutes for the beef ... The food was trivial and without interest! The bill on the contrary not ordinary at all! The only good thing was the service. A big big disappointment. My first and last time.

GRG R, Maitre D' at The Savoy Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Francesco-Parisien,

We are extremely sorry to read about your disappointment here. Please, accept our apologies if there was a misunderstanding with the water order and you found the greeting to be cold. Although it is very sad to read all the negative comments about the food only now. Unfortunately we cannot change the past but please, be reassured that we would have loved to rectify all the other issues on the night if we only had known.

We truly aim to make sure that all our wonderful guests leave the Savoy Grill fully satisfied and we hope to have the chance to welcome you again in the future to provide you a memorable dining experience.

Kindest regards,

Martina

Write a ReviewReviews (4 744)

21 - 25 of 4 744 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My partner and I ate hear before our Sunday theatre visit. I had booked and on arrival we were shown to our table by a very pleasant lady who ensured we were happy with where we were seated. Our waiter then came across and introduced himself and offered some suggestions from the menu. We opted for the a la Carte menu from which there was a good selection of both starters and main courses to choose from. The food as you would expect from this type of establishment was excellent, tasty and well presented. Well if not you would complain. We had a very nice bottle of NZ Sauvignon Blanc chosen from a very extensive wine menu. A lovely start to the evening.

GRG R, Maître D' at The Savoy Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Peter R,

Thank you so much for your lovely review. We are extremely pleased to hear that you truly enjoyed your dining experience with us. Thank you for the excellent comments in regard the food and the service. Our team works hard to try to deliver the most memorable experience to all our guests and your nice feedback really make it all so worthwhile.

The team and I really hope to welcoming you again in the near future.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We celebrated our wedding anniversary at Savoy Grill, Great service excellent food! We got the classic Beef Wellington was just perfect!

Dear DrMaxl,

Thank you so much for your five stars review. We are so delighted to hear that you truly enjoyed your dining experience with us and that you chose us to celebrate your wedding anniversary. Thank you for your excellent comment in regard the food and the service - I will personally share your feedback with the team, sure they'll love to hear it.

We look forward to see you again in the future.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Best Beef Wellington ever, even the mashed potatoes had an amazing taste. And the crepe suzette was also delicious.

Dear Rafael A,

Thank you so much for your fabulous review. We are absolutely delighted to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience at the Savoy Grill and especially our signature beef Wellington. Thank you for the amazing comments in regard the food, our Chefs will love to read your feedback.

We hope to welcoming you again soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My husband and I were lucky enough to be invited to the Savoy Grill for lunch to celebrate my cousins 60th Birthday. Everyone was happy enjoying each other’s company, the plush surroundings & excellent service. All the dishes were well presented & tasty & more than enough fine wine was flowing! We were seated at 1.30 & didn’t leave to 6 & others stayed on later. I would recommend this as an excellent restaurant for a special occasion.

Dear Jackie6514,

Thank you so much for your great review. We are extremely pleased to see that you enjoyed your family celebration with us and that you found the food and the service to be excellent. Thank you again for your lovely comments and moreover for recommending us.

We look forward to greet you again soon at the Savoy Grill.

Best regards,