“Tasteless food”

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Fitzrovia
Reviewed 28 June 2018

I don't know if we had an off night but we went here last night and although the venue itself and the staff were really good, the food was completely tasteless. We have eaten the same dishes in other Carluccios and enjoyed them but these dishes were bland. We all ended up adding lots of salt and pepper and olive oil to our pasta dishes to try and give it some oomph but even that didn't work. Think the kitchen needs to up its game as this is not what Antonio would want to be serving.

Best part of the experience was our lovely Italian waiter who was very attentive and friendly. He was so nice we didn't want to tell him we didn't like the food!

Emily C, Manager at Carluccio's - Market Place, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Hello,

I am sorry that you did not enjoy your food on the day and wanted to thank you for the feedback. We praise ourselves on delivering great food and service at all times and we feel really bad that this time we have let you down. As an apologies I would like to offer you lunch on me next time you are in to make up for the last time. Our email is marketplace@carluccios.com , phone number 02076362228. It would be a pleasure to have you back so please email or phone me to book a table for you.

Kind regards
Sandra

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

I am always bringing clients here and the customer service is always great. I love their special hot chocolate - you can add the chocolate, milk and cream the way you want as they come separately.

Emily C, Manager at Carluccio's - Market Place, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Thank you so much for your feedback. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us. We look forward to see you soon again.

Reviewed 17 June 2018

Whilst my Neapolitan tangelelono was excellent, my wife and daughter chose the Crab an Langoutine version. Both thought that while the dish was very tasty there were only two langustine tails in the sauce. Given this was the most expensive main dish at 16.95 they could have been more generous with the langustine.
We sat in the rear of the restaurant which we found very noisy with all the tables occupied

Reviewed 31 May 2018

I work just around the corner from Market Place Carluccio`s and I`ve visited this place twice by now in 14 months and it`s still the worst place to dine in Central London !

First time was in 2017 when I visited Carluccio`s Market Place and I ordered a bottle of wine, 1 starter to share and 2 main courses - after 50 min waiting still no food(pizza Margarita and salad x 2) and I had to leave back to work hungry as I have a strict lunch break!

I`ve decided not to go there again as I don`t want to risk leaving hungry !

Today, I was on my way to a different restaurant but thought to give another try to Carluccio`s which WAS A BIG MISTAKE! (It`s good location for me to go out for lunch/dinner and meetings ) BUT NO!

After I`ve mentioned to ouR waitress(Mariagrazia) the issues we had last time and how much we wanted this time to work out and regularly come back ... the main course (sea food salad) arrived with a long strand of hair which I discovered after the first few bites. (another waitress even found it funny and start grinning)

We had it replaced but it came out cold, chewy and tasteless (clearly a rushed salad to keep our mouth shut)... I`ve returned the 2nd salad and we were give a cold look by the waitress who instantly left with no words ...

I really feel bad but how could you go for the 2nd time to a place and leave hungry and get charged the full amount with no excuse for the hair in the food or delay or anything else?!?!

Really disappointed and it`s a shame because I would really like to come back and for once have a decent meal!

3  Thank Alexandra E
Reviewed 31 May 2018

we ate here last weekend and the food was really good, the seafood linguini was excellent. Service was very friendly.

Thank you so much for your review. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us. We’re so happy you had great time in our restaurant. We look forward to see you soon again.