“lost the plot”

Ranked #1 561 of 24 258 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$25 - US$70
Cuisines: Steakhouse, British
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: We pride ourselves on serving modern British food that is locally sourced. Being located along London's riverside we have all kinds of amazing suppliers at our finger tips with the likes of Cannon and Cannon from Borough Market bringing you the best in British charcuterie and grass-fed Spey side Angus X steaks, our restaurant is brimming with quality ingredients. As well as meat we like to think our fish & seafood is pretty good too, with Foreman's smoked salmon, Carlingford Rocks Oysters and sumptuous lobster. Soak up magnificent views across to Tower Bridge and beyond, we like to think this it is the perfect place to come and sample one of our craft ale's or peruse our extensive gin list. The Chop House bar has a relaxed atmosphere adjacent to the main restaurant and is a great place to stop by for a quick bite to eat or to enjoy cocktails in a relaxed setting, overlooking Tower Bridge. Whether you're on a lunch break with colleagues or popping in at the weekend with family there is something for everybody's taste.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

booked a table well in advance, menu was vastly different to website, no problem, drinks were served in wrong glasses, unforgivable, i am a first generation immigrant, so I am not in anyway racist or picky about gender or religion, my concern was that the waiter could not either speak or understand english, when asked questions about the menu he neither comprehended or replied in the correct manner, the wine waiter was efficient and knowledgeable but unfortunately finished his shift towards the end of our meal and we had to ask where our still half full bottle of wine was, now to the food,
scallops overcooked, my bone marrow was fine, steak and kidney pudding, a red wine gravy? carrots? no kidney, no veg or potato included so add £8 to the £18.50 ,ridiculous,my husband had the pork , i wish i had taken a picture, bland and uninteresting,no gravy or jus, desserts were ok although i had the cheese because i was assured that it included cheddar, applewood smoked cheddar does'nt cut muster with me, overall disappointment, but fortunately our company was good because it was my granddaughters 21st birthday celebration, usually go to the pont de la tour, same group next door, they could not do scallops so we chose chop house, never again

1  Thank mary m
Write a ReviewReviews (1 466)

8 - 12 of 1 466 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We had a pre-theatre meal here last night and were treating very special for an anaversary. The manager and staff were excellent the young french waiter talks away with a lovely french accent

Very cool place to go before theatre

Charlie M, General Manager at The Butlers Wharf Chop House, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear SgtMaj1642,

I am delighted to hear that your time with us was enjoyed by the both of you, for such as special occasion. We agree, Mehdi our French waiter has a charming air about him.

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review and we hope to see you very soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Right on the river in Shad Thames, this is a great place to eat and drink. Gets very busy due to the location but if you book a day or so in advance you should be okay. Mid priced with good service and a good menu. A real standard in London.

Dear John D,

We are so pleased you like were we are situated just as much as we do. The summer is amazing here, so please do pay us a visit when the sun is shining.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I went to Butlers Wharf Chop House for drinks with a friend. I was lucky to have such a great host at the bar, Franco, made me the best old fashioned I ever had in London!! Highly recommended if you want to have some drinks and enjoy the amazing view of Tower Bridge. I will come back for sure!

Dear Peppe R,

Thank you for taking the time to leave Franco such a nice review. He's delighted.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Such great time at chop house nice food ,and lovely service by Carmine...I been in that place 1 month ago nice starter crab on toast as a starter and lovely rebey... no words il will come again... for sure!!!