“As good as previous visits”

Bodean's BBQ - Soho
Ranked #2 092 of 25 295 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$1 - US$41
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Soho
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Visited the other night with 8 colleagues. Platters all round, plenty of meat and chips and the staff although very busy the service was great.

Write a ReviewReviews (1 989)

49 - 53 of 1 989 reviews

Reviewed 26 June 2018

I first visited Bodeans in Soho in 2015 and was really impressed with the food, the service and the overall experience. I've been back a few times since then and it was just as good, however I visited again this month with a friend and it's unrecognisable. They've changed the look and feel of the restaurant, it's much lighter but doesn't feel like a steak/BBQ restaurant. You can now only order from your table, whereas you used to be able to go up to the till and order. I'd imagine this is done so that they can tack on service charge, which is pretty poor show given that the service now seems to be very slow and slightly chaotic. It's a shame that Bodeans Soho has gone downhill, they had a good restaurant proposition before, so I'm not sure why they had to change it.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

I do love Bodeans, and George made our meal and experience amazing, he’s funny and with a great sense of humour!
Our food was superbly delicious! Cooked and smoked to perfection!
Great vibe, lush food and an a excellent experience!
Recommend!

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Literally went her yesterday and wanted to write a review because I think this place is great! Saturday evening they were mental busy so our option was to sit outside and go up and order at the bar not an issue for us as it was a lovely evening

1 of us had the hog boss burger which was demolished in a few minutes really tasty with the pulled pork and bacon (pig on pig what’s not to love?!) 3 of us had burgers 2 plain one Lil Jakes which comes with the burnt ends the burgers are great really tasty but the burnt ends wow so tender and tasty!

Added sides like the pulled pork again tender and juicy, the Texas hot sausage I wish I’d gotten the whole not the half! Corn bread muffins were actually moist and lovely as some places they are really dry these weren’t! Coleslaw was fresh bbq beans very good a little wetter than we would like normally but full of flavour and the chilli cheese fries were lush!

Will go back want to try the bbq platter as all the bbq items we had we loved! Even sitting outside we were checked on by a member of staff they were all really helpful and friendly especially the lady behind the bar who took our order - highly recommend if you want to get a good bbq meal!

Reviewed 24 June 2018

Went to bodeans soho was given the menu
I ordered half rack of ribs £13.95
Later to find that they had an offer on called pig out full ribs £10
This was not shown on several of the table nor mentioned when the menu handed out.
Spoke to the mangeress she didn't adjust the bill
Not good enough maybe new management