“Whipps Cross Hollow Ponds”

Hollow Ponds Rowing Boat Hire
Ranked #94 of 218 Outdoor Activities in London
More attraction details
Owner description: A fun day out with the family where you can get a boat ride round the lake and food drink and ice cream during the summer months from March till October
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

I walk my dog around Hollow Ponds nearly every day. The Rising boat hire is one of the few places in London where you can undertake this activity. The maximum depth in the lake is about a metre or less, life preservers are provided for the children. It gets very busy in the summer, but there is very reasonably priced snack bar at the boat house with an accompanying Ice Cream van. It's a very pleasant way to spend an hour or two, and then walk across the common and woods afterwards .

Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

Rowing was soo much fun and a little frightening with all the big ducks and swans coming so close. This has been a memorable experience with friends. The water wasn't too pleasant, there was a lot of seaweed getting wrapped around the oars and the level of the seaweed was nearly as high as the water level. Apart from the birds swarming around and made most of us scream I would definitely visit again

Reviewed 24 May 2017

I have been going to Hollow Ponds since I was a little girl (1970s) and still get a great thrill from going there. I have been there cycling with my daughters and now enjoy going there with my granddaughters. The boats are well managed and very reasonably priced. It can be a whole day out for us, walking or cycling around the lakes, picnic and then boating with an ice cream to follow. The people at the boats are so friendly and fun we look forward to returning as we always have a different experience every time we go. Parking can sometimes be a problem but not always, it's well worth the walk / cycle.

Reviewed 8 August 2016 via mobile

I have had a few dates there and it's absolutely lovely! I love this park and make sure to buy some duck food and have fun feeding them!