“Hitchcock Tours”

London Street Markets Walk
Ranked #630 of 805 Tours in London
Reviewed 18 April 2018

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Stayed for a week, tour was okay, stopped attending tours because they weren't fun. Tour guide was crazy

sandra14London, Owner at The Alfred Hitchcock London Locations Walk, responded to this reviewResponded 3 days ago

There were only two people (one was a student, the other was a tutor) who stopped attending. And they did so because they were asked not to attend IF they persisted in without permission filming the tour for release on a tripod. Photos are okay and I encouraged photos. But when I saw the student attempting to obtain a release from someone on one component of the tour (copyright) I said `Enough`. Photos yes, tripod no until and unless we sign a contract.

Your group had the benefit of the film historian who did Hitchcock`s last one to one in 1972..whom the Master ASKED to be his personal biographer. You had the benefit of someone who played sound bites from the 3 hr interview...sandrasheveyinterviews YouTube. You had the benefit of someone who has not only interviewed Hitchcock but many many others who worked with him.

At the end dinner I asked ALL what was the best and what was the worst part of the tour. Henry said, `The best is that it was and the worst is that it`s over`.

When Professor Howard booked with me 2 yrs before he told me he had heard of me and for over 20 years had wanted to take the tour. I spent 2 years conceiving a 7 day programme. Although I was compensated for giving the tour I was not paid for `prep` work and/or for the quality of `inside information` generated on the tour. For instance the actual location of Mr. Memory from `The 39 Steps` is hitherto unknown.

I find the review stinky and spiteful. Someone (perhaps you) said it was Off the Wall. I like that and for awhile called my Twitter Hitchcock site Shevey Hitchcock Standup.

but in the main I think the remark is spiteful and hateful and I resent it.