“Amazing Asian food”

Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Fitzrovia
Description: Hakkasan Hanway Place is the original Hakkasan restaurant. This Michelin-starred Chinese restaurant designed by Christian Liaigre has recreated the luxurious glamour of the past by combining Chinese history, tradition and architecture. Wooden lattice screens carved out of dark English oak invite discerning guests for a unique dining experience with contemporary cuisine from Chef Tong Chee Hwee. The menu has a strong Chinese ethnic identity with an ethos of Cantonese cooking that will be informed by a progressive approach, underpinned by authenticity rather than traditionalism. Hakkasan Hanway Place has launched Dim Sum Sundays, a weekly lunch event hosted by resident lounge DJs, available every Sunday from 12:00 until 17:45.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We went here for lunch and the food was fantastic- really innovative and fresh and flavours were fantastic. The design makes it feel private and intimate. Would highly recommend.

Write a ReviewReviews (3 598)

75 - 79 of 3 598 reviews

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

This was my 3rd visit to Hakkasan and 2nd at Hanway Place and can honestly say this is my number one. Food is incredible, staff can’t do enough for you. Will definitely be back.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Went for a Family Lunch, first time for me, although my Son and Daughter in Law have been many times...ambience is great, service is great but the Food is simply out of this world..got to say probably one of the best meals I’ve ever had, and I’m 63yrs old, and I’ve eaten in some places, all around the World

Reviewed 1 April 2018

it has to be ex night club for mafioso types - hidden on a back street, two huge guards at the entrance, then down down down, everything's dark and you cant hear your own thoughts from techno music bam bam bam bam bam
it's definitely not a good place to eat
we spent our 300 pounds very very quickly
we came, guards, 3 ladies taking our cloths, 3 ladies taking us to the table, four ladies at the table
menus
it's dark so we read them using torch app on our telephones
in 3 minutes everything came, nothing really special, we had those colorful dim sum on the Pictor above - cheap horrible and neon-like
never again

2  Thank fobski
Sharon W, General Manager at Hakkasan Hanway Place Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear Fobski,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

We are disappointed that you were less than satisfied with the experience at Hakkasan Hanway Place. We take every comment seriously and have passed your notes along to the team.

Should you wish to discuss your experience further, please contact us at reservation@hakkasan.com

Kind Regards

The Hanway Management Team

Reviewed 31 March 2018

This is an expensive meal - as such I would assume they would make it an event. Everything came out really fast and all at once. It was really good. But when I am paying £65 a plate and £15 per drink and £5 for the tap water we asked for it is really disappointing that it goes so fast.

I had very high expectations and they were mostly met hence the 4 stars instead of 5.