“Just Lovely!”

Melt Chocolates Notting Hill
Ranked #130 of 891 Shopping in London
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Melt makes London's most Luxurious Chocolates. We are very happy to deliver these very special handmade fresh chocolates directly to you. Our shops are designed to appeal to all your senses. The sleek minimal lines of our shops are designed by some of the best architects in London to be highly accessible and welcoming to all. We have our kitchens actually in the shop so you can enjoy the aroma of chocolates being made when you visit our stores. Our chocolates are very different, they are fresh! They taste sublime! Enjoy our chocolates within 10 days of purchase. Enjoy the ambience in the shop - hear popcorn popping or chocolate caramels bubbling away, or listen to the chocolatiers discussing their next creation. They are happy to discuss ideas and flavour combinations directly with you. Choose your own chocolates by using the wooden trays provided - take your time, choose you exactly what you want!
Reviewed 9 January 2017

As a chocolatier, I make it a point to visit as many chocolate shops as I can during my travels. It's research, right?! Melt was pretty high on my list of places to visit while in London, and I am so happy I made it in. It's a small shop, as so many chocolate shops are, but its chocolates are mighty! The passion fruit & mango was my favorite piece not only from the shop, but perhaps from all the shops I visited in London! Really well balanced flavors and just delightful to eat. Wish I would've purchased more. I was genuinely impressed with the quality of these chocolates and would highly recommend Melt to anyone in the area who is looking for a delightful chocolate experience.

2  Thank AEW86

Reviewed 11 December 2016

Firstly, I assumed if I paid £100 for my Son and I to make chcolates that they would be edible but I was told this wasn't what I was paying for when the chocolates we produced were runny and tasted dreadful.
The workshop was interesting and fun. There was no room for us to make an error as everything was pre-measured and mixed so not sure what went wrong as we looked after our creations in terms of temperature very well after returning home. I wonder if the fan heater blowing behind us to warm our working area which was either too hot so had to be switched off or left us freezing when not on at all was to blame! A strange thing in a professional kitchen!
I phoned to say the chocolates were runny and dreadful I was told by the manager of the shop to cut one in half and send a picture. This was after my originally email was ignored. I was then told that the Founder of the shop had said we had paid for the workshop not the chocolates so nothing could be done. I said I was not happy obviously and was then told to send them back to be analysed! I might then get a box of chocolates sent to me as a gesture. By then I wasn't willing to waste anymore money so suggested they think about responding more appropriately and get back to me. I didn't hear another thing.
Completely disgusted with their customer service. Simply not interested if there is a problem. They did say that they did not use this recipe in the chocolates they sell in the shop which is a blessing!

3  Thank Pippincox
Reviewed 19 November 2016 via mobile

Highly highly recommend the chocolate making courses! We did an adult chocolate course with Caesar and had a great time! Made 21 decorated truffles as well as learning the origins of chocolate and some tasting. Great time had by all! Thank you Melt!

Reviewed 15 August 2016 via mobile

We stopped by for some vanilla ice cream. It was all frosted, not creamy and super expensive. Maybe it should be just a chocolate shop.

1  Thank kazchlo