“Best Roast ever”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Chelsea
Description: 'If I crave steak, I come to Hawksmoor. It's as simple as that. Cheap, it ain't, but great meat never is. Their Knightsbridge place may be a little better mannered than its eastern siblings, a touch smarter, but its spirit (and steak) remains gloriously unsullied' Tom Parker-Bowles. Hawksmoor Knightsbridge, with its glamorous Art Deco interior, is just off Brompton Road between Knightsbridge's iconic department stores, Harrods and Harvey Nichols, and Kensington's cultural institutions, the Victoria & Albert, Natural History and Science Museums and the Royal Albert Hall. As well as steaks from ethically-reared traditional British breeds, the menu features a number of new seafood dishes such as Singapore-style Devilled Lobster, raw Wild Sea Bass with Chilli & Ginger and a Lobster Roll with Sriracha & Yuzu. For those needing respite from shopping or a post-museum pick-me-up there is also a set menu available at lunch time (Monday to Saturday) and early evening (from 5-6pm). As well, of course, as the wines and cocktails that helped us win Observer Food Monthly's Best Place to Drink.' The largest party we can accommodate in our restaurant is 12 people. If your group is larger, please call us as occasionally we have some flexibility. Knightsbridge is perfect for a wide range of events including private and corporate parties and cocktail receptions. We can accommodate up to 120 people for events. For more information on private hire and events, please contact our events department.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We visited on Easter Sunday at 12:30pm. We can’t stop talking about how great it was. Every single item on the plate was perfection. My favourite kind of rose (cotes du provence) wasnt on the menu, but the waiter recommended one and let me try it. It was exactly what i was after. We didn’t get any extras with our meal and skipped dessert as we had easter eggs waiting! We cant. Personally i think their roast is amazing value for money and cant wait to go back. The decor was beautiful.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We recently attended the Hawksmoor restaurant in London’s Knightsbridge for a Sunday dinner organised by my daughter ( she does like to organise!). A dreary day was soon changed by the youthful and happy welcome we received, we were shown to a table for some drinks while we waited, and the “buzz” about the place was palpable. I think there’s always a buzz when your looking forward to a meal that someone else has cooked, but that might be just me !
The service was exceptional, the young lady who waited upon us was great fun , unhurried ( although they were very busy)
Good banter and kept us topped up frequently. The food was simple but perfect, generous portions , the kind where you wanna lie down after with a big grin on your face. Great value for money but you need to book in advance. Happy eating !!
AL

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

My friend had seen a post I made for a historically significant steak house in NYC and suggested Hawksmoor. What a great choice. The drinks, wine, fillet and sides were all perfect. After dinner selection was equally wonderful. Keep it up Hawksmoor and make sure to include this in your fine dinning nights while enjoying London!

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

If only the food was as good as the decor!

I ordered Monkfish grilled over charcoal. I don’t think that I got monkfish. It certainly wasn’t grilled over charcoal but wet and tasteless with bones. I had mash as a side which was ok but quite a small portion and seasonal greens which I expected to be interesting but consisted mainly of cheap wet cabbage with very little flavour.

My partner had steak which was chewy and triple cooked chips. The top ones being quite cold.

I had a glass of Chardonnay and at £12 for 175ml expected something lovely. It was far from it and quite vile.

All in all very poor and very disappointing.

HawksmoorUK, Guest Relations Manager at Hawksmoor Knightsbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Hello,
I'm so sorry to hear this. I'd like to discuss in more detail so we can find out more about what happened. Please drop me an email at knightsbridgefeedback@thehawksmoor.com with any more information and we can contact you directly.
Best wishes,
Naomi

Reviewed 26 March 2018

This steak restaurant did not disappoint. service and food both exceptional. Pricey, but worth it. Surf n turf very good, all sides extra so this does bump up the cost but worth a special treat and if you are a steak lover this place is a must try. ribeye, sirloin and fillet tender & flavourful - superb. Beware Portion size, not for the faint hearted, make sure you are hungry. Good ambiance, would definitely return.