“Amazed---- At how expensive a plate of spaghetti pasta can be !”
Review of Cecconis

Neighbourhood: Mayfair
Cross street: Saville Row
Transit: Piccadilly Circus
Reviewed 28 June 2018

There is no justification, n'or to my mind ever will be, in any restaurant charging in excess of £50.00 for a medium sized bowl of Spaghetti pasta and some fresh Truffle shavings. The pasta here is good, in line with any other competent Italian restaurant and I am fully aware that fresh BlackTruffle is expensive but even so, this was a hideously overpriced dish.
I like eating in expensive restaurants -- I like good food but I can't bring myself to accept that this particular dish was anything but a rip off. My veal Milanese was good-- the green salad was lovely -- we shared a dessert and had a coffee each -- I had a Prosecco ( Kir Royale 175 ml) and my friend has a Caipirinha which was very good. We shared a bowl of Courgette Fritti (was ok ). -- the bill for this meal was aprox £178.00 !!-- Absolutely ridiculous and not worth that at all ...I felt sick when I saw the bill even though I wasn't paying for it (birthday gift to me ) -- I love my friend dearly but won't come back to this Italian when there are so many in London that are just as good but don't charge £50 plus for a bowl of pasta and black truffle shavings. Service was very good-- professional, but I wouldn't say overly friendly -- a bit stiff perhaps . Toilets a bit tired. Very busy at lunch and very very noisy but a great atmosphere all the same-- but still .... that pasta price !!!! :(

1  Thank fishflange
Write a ReviewReviews (1 192)

37 - 41 of 1 192 reviews

Reviewed 27 June 2018

Always try to make it to Cecconi's when I/ we am/ are in London - mostly pop-in and sit by the bar (tables are always booked way in advance). This visit we had an impromptu lunch and also a late breakfast. The service is professional with a large dollop of Italian charm and the food consistently excellent. Very accommodating towards vegetarians

It's a little haven of Milan in central London ... long may it continue!

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Last night, my oldest friend's daughter arranged a surprise dinner party for 14 ladies at Cecconi's, to celebrate her mother's birthday.

The food was fantastic and - prior to ordering - olives, variety of breads and olive oil arrived and were much appreciated. When the first courses arrived, there were also large platters of fried zucchini and also stuffed zucchini flowers, salads and dips.

I chose crabmeat to start, which was fresh and delicious and followed it up with a Veal Milanese...a huge and sumptuous breaded piece of veal on the bone, with tiny roast potatoes. Other people ordered salmon, cod, risotto etc. etc., but all were very happy with their choices.

Instead of choosing desserts, large platters of petits fours arrived, each more delicious than the last.

Let me now come to the service....our handsome and charming waiter made the evening special and...if I could have just one tiny gripe....their bar didn't stock Feverfew's Pink Tonic Water, which my friend always drinks.....Perhaps now, they will begin to stock it and become the perfect venue !!

This is a restaurant to which I would very happily return - as I understand many of the guests at our table do on a regular basis, which speaks volumes for its food, service and quality.

Reviewed 24 June 2018

Disappointing return visit to Cecconis after several enjoyable visits previously.

Whilst the food was ok (nice starters and 1 decent main, the other far too salty) it was really the service that let this down. Our waitress seemed generally disinterested and made several slips that we found frustrating:

1) My partner has an almond allergy so she advised she'd need to check if he could have the bread (the different breads at Cecconi's is always a nice start to a meal), when we followed up on this as she'd forgotten she said she was arranging a different basket for him. In the end we chased up twice but he never did get to try any of the focaccia!

2) I had the prawns and courgette pasta but it was far too salty and fishy in it's taste. I accepted that maybe I'd just made the wrong decision with my dish (you can't win them all right!) but was disappointed that a) no-one asked how our meal was after we were part way through, and b) when the waitress collected my almost full plate she didn't mention anything or ask how it was

3) Third strike was being less than impressed when the waitress sloshed the remainder of our wine into our glasses part way through in what seemed like an attempt to get the bottle over and done with as quickly as possible resulting in 2 very large glasses of wine at our table!

Sadly it felt like the staff just didn't care on this occasion, it was only when I asked for the service charge to be removed that a head waiter came over and asked about our reasons - but sadly by then it was too little too late and we certainly won't be returning. We paid up and went for coffee and desert at a fairly basic chain nearby where the service was much better!

Sad to see such a great restaurant going down hill.

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

As always a perfect meal .

The fresh truffle pasta is a must as is the veal Milanese which smells of butter even en route to your table .

The service , the setting , the ambience all perfect .

Whether sat at the bar or at a table the food nor service will not disappoint .

A favourite with me for lunch or dinner .

Call and book ahead is well advised . Be prepared to only be allocated the table for two hours during peak periods .