“OK, but some details below par”

Holiday Inn Express London - Golders Green North
Ranked #652 of 1 077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 15 October 2017

I stayed here on for business recently. The car park was challenging, very few spaces were available and some were chained off (looked like rented out) so it was not a good first impression.

The staff were amazingly pleasant, all of them did their very best to help during my stay.

The room was fine - it is a Holiday Inn so don't expect miracles.

I was tired so decided to eat in. The first two items I chose from the menu were unavailable and the one I chose (which I think was some kind of South American spicy chicken skewers) basically consisted of plain microwaved chicken with some dips. It was awful and I gave up immediately.

So it was by no means a disaster, but some detail improvements would lift my score.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Golders Green North, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hello Lpspeshmad,

Thank you for choosing us and for leaving a review. I am happy that you found our staff accommodating and that you liked the rooms. However, it is unfortunate that the parking situation and the food quality negatively affected your overall satisfaction. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Your feedback has been taken into account and will be shared with our management team. We are confident that necessary steps will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Best Regards,

John O
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

Well what a nice surprise! Lovely rooms and bar staff (yes it’s you Beverley you deserve employee of the year) that are friendly out of this world, and reception staff that printed a load of forms of for me when my portable printer blew....... Just excellent service and they even allowed me a little extra on the car park when I was late back from a VISA application in central London. Top breakfast, top rooms and top service. Don’t take second best stay with the best lol! Ace........

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Nirmala L, Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Golders Green North, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Nigel C,

“Don’t take second best stay with the best”. What a wonderful wording is this!
Thank you so much for a delightful 5 star review regarding your stay with us. We are happy to know we met all your expectations during your stay with us. We are really appreciative you leaving beautiful compliment for our staff specially Beverly. Rest assured this acknowledgment will be delivered to all the team members.

We hope to get pleasant chance to welcome you back in our property very soon.

Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

We were pleased that the double room we stayed in was spacious and clean, and the bed was comfortable. Despite the hotel being right next to a busy junction traffic noise did not bother us. We enjoyed a drink in the bar in the evening. The hot breakfast was not good, but there were plenty of alternatives including cereal and croissants.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Nirmala L, Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Golders Green North, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Dear Babydoll,
Thank you so much for your comprehensive review regarding your stay with us. It is always a huge motivation when someone takes time to acknowledge the service provided by the team.

Thank you for your beautiful review.

We look forward to welcome you back in our property very soon.

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stayed one night and found the staff to be friendly and helpful and the hotel room clean and quite spacious for our needs.
Breakfast was okay but would like more choice of eggs as only scrambled was on offer.
Overall the stay was okay for the discounted price we paid.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Dear Paul S,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and leaving the beautiful feedback. It is always great to see your valued customer satisfied with the service provided. Please note you will also find boiled eggs in your next stay with us as we have added boiled eggs in our breakfast menu recently.

I hope we will get chance to welcome you back again in near future.

Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

I have had to stay in this hotel for buisness. I arrived at 22.30 last night and there was no room in the car park. I've had to park on the street near by. They had also stopped serving food. Other Holiday Inns in London and Manchester etc you can order food until 1.30 am or receive room service.
They said the bar had shut even though I could still buy a drink by putting the cost on to my room. The wine choices are very limited and come in 187ml bottles.

One staff member was speaking condescendingly to another member of staff which made it uncomfortable to sit at the bar and relax.
The tv in the room is badly tuned and has very limited channels. Its like going back in time 15 years. The free wifi keeps going off and I have to keep putting the username and password ( which is a bunch of numbers) in every two hours. I have also had to order a takeaway, advised by the hotel, that promised a vat receipt ( as I'm on buisness) which I never received when paid.
All in all, not too keen. Hopefully breakfast will be a better experience.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Golders Green North, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

Hello Angela N,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Holiday Inn Express London - Golders Green (A406). UK. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. On behalf of the hotel, I'm sorry we fell below your expectation regarding customer service, room amenities and internet service. We will address these concerns. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit

Orlando