“Love this flat!”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

ilovetenn...
nashville
“Love this flat!”
Reviewed 21 November 2016 for a stay in November 2016

I had never booked a flat as opposed to a hotel room but w 3 teens and myself , I didn't want to be cramped . I made the right choice!!
Pros:This flat was very spacious (by American standards !) I hand stayed in London hotels where the entire room is the size of this flats bedroom. Two bathrooms , both very stylish and clean. Two balconies , overlooks the river . Has literally ALL the space you need. I would live in something this size !!! And my home is 3700sf! The tube basically drops you off at your front step!
Cons:
Check in is firm at 3 so if you arrive early OR very late as most international flights do , you are screwed. Baggage express is $12.50 per bag plus a wait in line that equals about 1hr (we went on a Monday at 1030 am) my kids 3 backpacks qualified as bags so at 8 bags, we decided not to check and instead made our way to hotel to wait it out since it was raining anyways . They allowed us to check in around 1 I believe so we got lucky . Normally you have to wait and I'll tell you, there is NOTHING to do when you have 4 people and luggage for all .. nothing that makes you not want to shoot yourself in the foot that is.
We have been taking the tube. It's VERY busy during rush hour times ... so much so sometimes you can't get on so you wait . It's loud . Hard to figure out where you are going at first until you "get it"...easier to do it alone or w one person not 4.
I give this flat 5 stars . I almost cancelled after reading some horrible reviews but it's truly worth the very low price. Other than no front desk to check in early for sure and little way of contacting if you can't hook up to wifi (that was a huge problem outside the apt ) the only other con I can think of is you are not in the thick of old London so you can't go outside your room and experience regent street or Trafalgar Square . But you're about a 15 min tube ride away from there
Weather is bipolar . Bring a rain jacket . We went from hot on the tube to windy n chilly by apartment . To rain out of nowhere. Never leave home without a rain jacket . You'll just have to peel it off in tube . People here are all dressed ole it's 20 degrees f and in reality , its midnight and I have door open on balcony .

gordonlet...
Coffs Harbour, Australia
“Perfect locality in total comfort”
Reviewed 8 November 2016 for a stay in July 2016

The apartment was everything as expected from the internet purchase. Very good location to rail and subway stations and buses, plus easy walk to food markets, restaurants, pubs, local London highlights. With a London pass a great place to call "head quarters" - opposite MI5!
Our apartment had a great view down the Thames.

Travelling group: Extended Family
Annika P
Stockholm, Sweden
“Great flat”
Reviewed 14 January 2016 for a stay in November 2015

We stayed for a long weekend end of November and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Two bedrooms with double-beds, one bathrum with tub/shower and another with only shower. Spacious living-room and balcony overlooking the river. Good kitchen with all amenities. The communication with Still Life was excellent and we were met by their representative on the premises who showed us around and answered our questions. Free WIFI, flat-screen TV, comfy sofa. Located just across the street from Vauxhall tube/train/bus station, so very easy to get around. The area itself is not so much fun, but there was a Tesco on the same block to pick up snacks and breakfast. All in all very conveniently located and great value for the money we paid.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location, easy to get around
Liked least: Noise from corridor
Travelling group: Family with Teenagers
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
AverageJo...
“WOW, WHAT AN AWESOME PLACE!!!!”
Reviewed 10 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015
people found this review helpful

Let me start my saying I have NEVER booked an apartment (vs. a hotel stay) for a family vacation especially one outside the U.S. Needless to say, I wasn’t sure what I would get. After staying at the Vauxhall (the actual name is the Drake House, 14 St George Wharf Apartment) for a week, I can tell you without a doubt that this is the way to go! Let me summarize the high and low points (very few) about the Vauxhall property.

HIGHS
• Spacious (about 1200 sq feet), clean and modern apartment – we rented a 2 bedroom, 2 bath unit equipped with a full size kitchen (with stainless steel appliances), dining area and a large living room (by London standards).
• The apartment complex is brand new and well insulated – you won’t hear your neighbors on either side or above
• All modern furnishings and amenities – cook ware, silverware, linen and just about anything you need for an extended stay is included at Vauxhall
• Apartment comes with washer-dryer combo – we didn’t have to bring a full week’s of clothes as as a result
• Excellent broadband speed– we had about 7-8 devices connected to the apartment wifi without interruption or degradation in performance
• Complex sits on the Thames riverbank so you have gorgeous views of ferries, promenade and London sunset; you also have a decent city view of London
• Restaurant galore within the compound – we counted 6 and ate at a couple
• Mini-grocery store is right around the block – prices are decent (by London standard) and a great way to save on breakfast or snacks
• Tube station is several hundred yards away – very convenient!
• Still Life (weird name for a company) management staff is courteous, helpful and prompt – most of our correspondence was via email and a couple of phone calls, nevertheless, I found the staff eager to help.
• The compound is across the street from the MI6 Building (as featured in the James Bond movie, Skyfall). MI6 is equivalent to our CIA branch – so we felt pretty safe during our stay!

LOWS
• No daily housekeeping – you make the mess, you clean up the mess
• Two words – NO AC!!!! We were fortunate that we experienced only one day (over 90 degrees) during our stay. It was not a pleasant day/night.
• Washer-dryer combo – unit is very small (capacity is equivalent to half a load by US standard) and the flipping thing takes 1.5 hrs to wash and another 1.5 to dry….so be patient.
• Beware-if you leave your large patio door open, you will hear noise from restaurants below
• There’s no management on site – that means you are own
• Bring your own soap, shampoo, conditioner – this is NOT a hotel.

IN CLOSING
• I would not HESITATE to stay at Still Life Vauxhall again. I have already shared my recommendations with a couple of colleagues who are planning to a trip to London in 2016.Apartment living is the way to go. My wife, two teenage kids and I found plenty of personal space at the apartment after a grueling day of sightseeing. No hotel in London will afford you the space and amenities for the price of booking at Still Life Vauxhall. Go for it. One more thing – there are limited reviews on TripAdvisor so checkout the reviews on bookings.com if you are still undecided. However, book through trip advisor and you will save money over bookings.com

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Other
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing