“WOW, WHAT AN AWESOME PLACE!!!!”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 4 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
AverageJo...
“WOW, WHAT AN AWESOME PLACE!!!!”
Reviewed 10 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015
people found this review helpful

Let me start my saying I have NEVER booked an apartment (vs. a hotel stay) for a family vacation especially one outside the U.S. Needless to say, I wasn’t sure what I would get. After staying at the Vauxhall (the actual name is the Drake House, 14 St George Wharf Apartment) for a week, I can tell you without a doubt that this is the way to go! Let me summarize the high and low points (very few) about the Vauxhall property.

HIGHS
• Spacious (about 1200 sq feet), clean and modern apartment – we rented a 2 bedroom, 2 bath unit equipped with a full size kitchen (with stainless steel appliances), dining area and a large living room (by London standards).
• The apartment complex is brand new and well insulated – you won’t hear your neighbors on either side or above
• All modern furnishings and amenities – cook ware, silverware, linen and just about anything you need for an extended stay is included at Vauxhall
• Apartment comes with washer-dryer combo – we didn’t have to bring a full week’s of clothes as as a result
• Excellent broadband speed– we had about 7-8 devices connected to the apartment wifi without interruption or degradation in performance
• Complex sits on the Thames riverbank so you have gorgeous views of ferries, promenade and London sunset; you also have a decent city view of London
• Restaurant galore within the compound – we counted 6 and ate at a couple
• Mini-grocery store is right around the block – prices are decent (by London standard) and a great way to save on breakfast or snacks
• Tube station is several hundred yards away – very convenient!
• Still Life (weird name for a company) management staff is courteous, helpful and prompt – most of our correspondence was via email and a couple of phone calls, nevertheless, I found the staff eager to help.
• The compound is across the street from the MI6 Building (as featured in the James Bond movie, Skyfall). MI6 is equivalent to our CIA branch – so we felt pretty safe during our stay!

LOWS
• No daily housekeeping – you make the mess, you clean up the mess
• Two words – NO AC!!!! We were fortunate that we experienced only one day (over 90 degrees) during our stay. It was not a pleasant day/night.
• Washer-dryer combo – unit is very small (capacity is equivalent to half a load by US standard) and the flipping thing takes 1.5 hrs to wash and another 1.5 to dry….so be patient.
• Beware-if you leave your large patio door open, you will hear noise from restaurants below
• There’s no management on site – that means you are own
• Bring your own soap, shampoo, conditioner – this is NOT a hotel.

IN CLOSING
• I would not HESITATE to stay at Still Life Vauxhall again. I have already shared my recommendations with a couple of colleagues who are planning to a trip to London in 2016.Apartment living is the way to go. My wife, two teenage kids and I found plenty of personal space at the apartment after a grueling day of sightseeing. No hotel in London will afford you the space and amenities for the price of booking at Still Life Vauxhall. Go for it. One more thing – there are limited reviews on TripAdvisor so checkout the reviews on bookings.com if you are still undecided. However, book through trip advisor and you will save money over bookings.com

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Other
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing