Holiday Inn London-Elstree M25, Jct.23
Elstree Inn(Borehamwood)
  • Free Internet
  • Bar/Lounge
View Hotel
All reviewsleisure facilitiesgood sizerestaurant staffstayed here for one nightbarnetgymmotorwayweddingproximitytube
Reviewed 3 October 2017

Booked a visis as a low-cost base for London trip - dinner bed & breakfast option looked great.
Arrived and requested a quiet room which was arranged by a friendly receptionist - room was OK with a reasonable shower (though the head was at my nose level - however the room had the worst beds I have slept on form some years - no strength in the mattress structure!
I rolled to the edge of the bed in the night snd the mattrees nearly tipped me out! Heating in the room impossible to adjust as claimed - 23.5 degrees all night - unbearably hot.
Dinner a debacle - arrived at the restaurant to be informed it was closed - we were told we had to eat in the (Not crowded but busy) bar. The only suitable table was in front of the large TV. On discussion we were allowed to sit in the restaurant byut the menu was changed to the bar menu - cheaper with less options.I ended up with fish & chips instead of the marinated salmon I had in mind...
Next morning on checkout I was asked to pay a balance over £15 per person for the dinner - on protest it was agreed they would honoyur the booking which made no mention of a maximum price for the meals.
Free parking was a bonus and we were able to drive to Elstree station where there is economic parking.
But I will not be returning....

Room Tip: there are heavy roads all round - book a quiet room ahead if you need one
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
emmaraybould, General Manager at Holiday Inn London-Elstree M25, Jct.23, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Dear Guest,

I am very sorry you had some issues whilst staying with us, could you please contact at the hotel so we discuss and resolve to your satisfaction.
Regards
Sean Quinney
0208 214 9988

Reviewed 23 September 2017

Stayed here for one night to visit a strictly recording. Good value for money, car parking and leisure facilities.My only complaint would be that there was not enough bar staff in the evening. This could be due to the unexpected influx of Strictly fans in the evening after the performance. People wanted drinks and food and they could not really cope with the rush. However they redeemed themselves at breakfast. Wonderful selection and great staff who were very helpful, especially a young lady working there. best hotel breakfast i have ever had.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and we certainly take on board your comments about the bar staffing.
Many thanks

Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

Yes it does! And it does it well. The price is right! The rooms are fairly good, ageing, but good. Maybe it's time for the 90s wallpaper to come down. I know a cheap decorator, so just give me a buzz if you are interested.

The food is reasonable and it has a lovely gym and pool.

All of the above, and within easy reach of the one and only Barnet.

Cancel your holidays and get down to this place!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

Was a pleasure to stay here . Warm friendly atmosphere , nothing too much trouble . Great staff . The food in the restaurant was really good. Good selection at breakfast , all of it tasted fresh . With a pool as well !!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
emmaraybould, General Manager at Holiday Inn London-Elstree M25, Jct.23, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

Thank you for your kind review, the team really appreciate the feedback

Reviewed 7 September 2017

After a business meeting and a discussion dragged for hours, left without a place to stay and no energy to drive back we ended up at this old but nice hotel in Elstree. It was 1.30 am when we finally made it and knowing its gonna be difficult to check out by 10 i requested for a late checkout at 2 the day after.

Had to wake up at 3 am in the morning check on the live app release going on in Sri Lanka and slept again around 5. I was quit poorly with laryngitis and finally managed to grab some sleep.

First knock on my door around 9.30 a lady asking me to checkout, i jumped out the bed, explained to her my checkout is at 2 pm.

Second knock on my door, the same lady with another woman asking me whats my checkout time.

I then called room service ordered some food, 10 minutes later i got a call back saying my room is not attached to a credit card, i was like "what just check with your front desk".

Third knock on my door. A cleaning girl jumped in to my room with brooms and buckets, and me with my voice breaking because i was quit poorly with Laryngitis, my checkout is at 2pm. She told me i don't speak English.

Oh this could be fun, because i can't speak at all. What am i suppose to speak in the UK?

See the problem here was, the room service, house keeping and front desk or reservations/bookings departments of this hotel are not linked properly.

I have no idea how these people operate like this? The house keeping should have been informed that my checkout is at 2pm, them stupid ladies before knocking on my door should have checked with their staff first. The room service unit should have first checked with the booking section because i had a pre-authorised card.

It's really frustrating when the very place you go to get some rest turns out to be this annoying.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

I am really sorry you were disturbed a number of times. We have investigated and ensured we have a solid process in place to ensure this doesn't happen again.
regards