The Regent Bar Balham
Open today: 11:00 - 00:00
Review Highlights
Bottomless brunch

Came for the bottomless brunch on bank holiday, but it was a bit hap-hazard. There wasn't enough... read more

Reviewed 17 September 2018
RichS87
London, United Kingdom
Really disappointing

I love the Regent but we went for lunch on Bank holiday Monday and i have to say it was pretty... read more

Reviewed 28 August 2018

from US$61,60
from US$42,30
from US$19,20
More Info
All reviews spacious pub birthday drinks busy pub halloumi booked a table fulham
Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

Have been drinking eating intermittently in the regent for some time and would always head there for a drink and some food in Balham (I live in Streatham Hill). However, I’ve recwived less than friendly customer service for my last two visits (different staff). First time, I wasn’t satisfied with the taste of my beer - had to practically argue my case to condasending staff despite me politely pointing out that I didn’t feel it was quite right (sour). One member of staff actually drank out of the glass and tried to give it back! Eventually/begrudgingly given another beer but had sour looks for he rest of the afternoon when at the bar (seriously).

Then today, chose a table big enough to seat the group who were on their way down... yes it had a dirty plate and a couple of dirty glasses on it... but when waitress came to clear the table (took the plate only, left the dirty glasses), she had to ask why I had chosen a table that needed clearing when there were empty, clean ones. I mean, sorry... but when was it such a chore to have customers??!! When I explained why, she just walked off and left the rest behind. I had to move the rest myself.

Seriously guys, get some smiling going with your service and drop the rudeness. If you don’t like dealing with reasonable people just looking to have a drink and some grub, go do something else. A real shame as wont be going back.

Date of experience: October 2017
LivelyhoodPubs, Manager at The Regent Bar Balham, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2017

Hi Alex, thanks for your review! I am so sorry to hear about your experience and would like to reassure you that this is certainly not the way we set out to treat our customers. We would love to have you in for lunch or dinner on us, with a guests, so we can look after you properly and show you how we normally go about things! To take us up on this offer please email me on jessica@livelyhood.co.uk. I hope to hear from you soon. Best wishes, Jess

Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

I was entertaining a business partner from New York, who wanted to try a British pub, because I live locally, I thought this pub may be a good choice, this could be no further from the truth. We waited 25 minutes to be served, as was told drinks and food are ordered at the table. When the drinks arrived, they were wrong and the manager managed to spill some of the pint of beer into my associates lap, without acknowledgment. When we ordered it took another 40 mins to arrive, it was cold, undercooked meat, and I was ashamed to have taken my associate there, as an example of an English pub. I did not try to complain, because I recognised that the attitude of the staff was slipshod and cavalier, on leaving I found that service charge was included and found myself paying for no service. I will never return to the regent again and would recommend all the people locally that I know, to give it a wide birth. I certainly will not be giving it my business again...despicable, disgraceful. Decor pleasant, service and attitude of staff incompetent and high handed.

Date of experience: October 2017
LivelyhoodPubs, Manager at The Regent Bar Balham, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2017

Hi James, thank you for your review and I am so sorry to hear that we didn't get it spot on when you visited. We would love to have you back in, with a guest, for lunch or dinner on us to show you that what you experienced is not the norm! Please just email me on jessica@livelyhood.co.uk and I will arrange it all. Best wishes, Jess

Reviewed 27 September 2017

This pub is fine if you want a few drinks and to watch a bit of sport. But absolutely do not come here to eat. The service was awful, we waited about 45 minutes for our food - and when it came out the sausage and mash was without doubt the worst I've ever had. The "mash" was the texture of cottage cheese - I think they drowned it in gravy to hide how bad it was. The sausages were horribly burnt.

Date of experience: September 2017
LivelyhoodPubs, Manager at The Regent Bar Balham, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2017

Hi John, Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback, it appears our food and service was not up to its usual best on the day you visited! We would like to reassure you this is not our best practice and would like to invite you back in for a meal on us. Please email me on Jessica@livelyhood.co.uk to arrange this. I look forward to hearing from you. Best wishes, Jess

Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

The manager appears to be on a bit of a power trip, which unfortunately results in poor respect directed towards paying customers. A shame really. The pasta is undercooked and the burger had no flavour at all. Thus, I wouldn’t recommend these dishes at all. Unless you are desperate, I wouldn’t advise dining here, whether it be for food or a casual drink. There are plenty better places within the proximity of this “pub”.

Date of experience: September 2017
Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

This wasn't nice at all. Very soggy and I don't know what the pastry was supposed to be like but it was very weird.

Date of experience: August 2017
LivelyhoodPubs, Manager at The Regent Bar Balham, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Hi Nina, I am sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy our lunch with us. We would love to have you back in for lunch on us to make up for it. Simply email me on jessica@livelyhood.co.uk to book in. Best wishes, Jess