The Regent Bar Balham
Open today: 11:00 - 23:00
Review Highlights
Bottomless brunch

Came for the bottomless brunch on bank holiday, but it was a bit hap-hazard. There wasn't enough... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
RichS87
London, United Kingdom
Really disappointing

I love the Regent but we went for lunch on Bank holiday Monday and i have to say it was pretty... read more

Reviewed 28 August 2018

from US$64,20
from US$20,10
from US$44,20
More Info
All reviews booked a table spacious pub birthday drinks halloumi fulham
Reviewed 27 September 2017

This pub is fine if you want a few drinks and to watch a bit of sport. But absolutely do not come here to eat. The service was awful, we waited about 45 minutes for our food - and when it came out the sausage and mash was without doubt the worst I've ever had. The "mash" was the texture of cottage cheese - I think they drowned it in gravy to hide how bad it was. The sausages were horribly burnt.

LivelyhoodPubs, Manager at The Regent Bar Balham, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2017

Hi John, Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback, it appears our food and service was not up to its usual best on the day you visited! We would like to reassure you this is not our best practice and would like to invite you back in for a meal on us. Please email me on Jessica@livelyhood.co.uk to arrange this. I look forward to hearing from you. Best wishes, Jess

Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

The manager appears to be on a bit of a power trip, which unfortunately results in poor respect directed towards paying customers. A shame really. The pasta is undercooked and the burger had no flavour at all. Thus, I wouldn’t recommend these dishes at all. Unless you are desperate, I wouldn’t advise dining here, whether it be for food or a casual drink. There are plenty better places within the proximity of this “pub”.

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

This wasn't nice at all. Very soggy and I don't know what the pastry was supposed to be like but it was very weird.

LivelyhoodPubs, Manager at The Regent Bar Balham, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Hi Nina, I am sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy our lunch with us. We would love to have you back in for lunch on us to make up for it. Simply email me on jessica@livelyhood.co.uk to book in. Best wishes, Jess

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

An impromptu dinner with friends was just lovely. Very busy but excellent service and a great choice of menu. Steaks great, risotto excellent and they catered for my dairy free daughter. Definitely a return to place.

LivelyhoodPubs, Manager at The Regent Bar Balham, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2017

Hi Janeya, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you soon again. Best wishes, Jess

Reviewed 29 June 2017

I visited Balham for a few days last week as we do every other month for a few days for family reasons. I visited the pub every lunchtime for my usual Guinness and several evenings with my son. The lunchtimes are as real pleasure for a drink, with excellent ale and a quite atmosphere, whilst the evenings can be a tad noisy. Staff on every occasion are welcoming and friendly. Not the cheapest pub in the world but a nice place to visit. Recommended.

LivelyhoodPubs, Manager at The Regent Bar Balham, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2017

Thanks for the lovely review! Pleased to hear you enjoy the pub and continue to return, can't wait to welcome you again.