All reviews pub with rooms leave the key fresh milk great shower tea and coffee
Reviewed 23 August 2018

the hotel is closed for refurbishment but still takes money for the booking. You cannot get through on the number that is advertised. Please whatever you do do not book this hotel. I am trying to get a refund which i am finding very difficult.

Room tip: do not book this hotel it is a scam
Date of stay: August 2018
2  Thank Natalie F
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

I got there after calling them i was given a key to my room. I entered my room. Shock horror. It has not been cleaned. Beds unmade food still out on the table, bottol of drink on floor rubbish all over the floor, used towes hanging on the door. Is a complete hell hole. After i got my key and seen this uncleared room i rang them over 20 times ignored my calls and messages. It was a complete insult.

Date of stay: August 2018
1  Thank Mark L
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Hotel is easy to find. It’s a pub on the corner with a big sign outside. The parking is free on the side streets on weekends. No trouble with parking there. Finsbury Park is very close by. There’s a few restaurants about and a 10 min walk to the tube station.

Check in was fine we had no issues - we paid cash. The staff were friendly. The rooms were very basic. Not the best but you get what you pay for. The shower was very powerful but it wasn’t working properly and could be replaced as water was coming out from all angles.

There was cereal and tea for the room but no milk, not that we would have had it anyway as we went out for breakfast.

The best was comfy but only one crappy pillow - could have done with another.

The room was very warm; I don’t know if it’s always like this but it was very warm outside too. It’s very noisy outside all day and all night so I suggest shutting the window (this didn’t help with the hotness in the room).

It’s very unlikely I’d stay here again as Iola to go to different places but I’d recommend for a very budget hotel.

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

I booked a room online for two nights and prepaid online. On arrival the staff asked me how I’d like to pay. I showed them my email confirming that I had already paid online. They insisted that no payment is ever taken online and asked me to pay again. I wasn’t happy with this and the pub didn’t look nice. I asked to see the room, which was nothing like the website pictures, was dirty and smelled of cigarettes. I wasn’t happy to stay here given the circumstances and since they insisted that I hadn’t paid anything, I left. The online payment has now been debited from my account... they don’t answer the phone and do not respond to emails. I am arguing this transaction through my bank.
Give this place a wide berth!

Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank tanya_Bailey
Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

If your wanting a place to crash and don’t mind the noise of outskirts central London then for London prices it’s cheap and basic. The decor needs a bit of TLC, warm room even on a cool summers night. But be warned don’t expect a good nights sleep, the beds are so soft that you waken up with a more tired and aching body than went to bed with. The bathroom shower is the only good thing to help try revive that tired body after a restless nights sleep.
I would’ve rather have paid a little bit extra for a better bed and a good nights sleep.