All reviewslondon pubfree car parkingclapham stationpub with roomsa busy main roadfull englishsky tvfluffy towelscomfortable bedgood sizeroom ratethe staff were extremely helpfulair condouble glazingtea coffee making facilitiesbreakfast includedsmall hotel
Reviewed 11 September 2017

I booked my 80 year old father into the Brewers Inn for a one night stay. The staff, James and Megan, went above and beyond to take care of him and make him feel welcome and comfortable. That level of service extended to sending me an email to let me know that he had arrived safely. When he had a problem with his luggage, they called me, in Los Angeles, to inform me and worked with me to help solve the issue. My dad felt like he had stayed with family. All of the kindness, attention and care, along with the wonderful breakfast and meeting Charlie, the pub dog, made this stay at Brewer's Inn a highlight of his time in London. Thank you to the staff for a wonderful, warm, welcoming visit.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Kari S
Reviewed 24 August 2017

We had such a wonderful stay at The Brewers Inn - Alan and Erica - were a joy to work with, talk to, laugh with, share a cup of tea with, We could not have been happier with our stay, with the Inn and with the area. Close enough to the river to walk to it and walk to the gardens along the river, take a river boat, catch a ride to Wimbledon which is one of the reasons we were in London this summer. When we return to London you can be sure we will stay at The Brewers Inn!!

Room Tip: all rooms are perfect - though we would choose one on the corner again.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cicichasep
Reviewed 5 August 2017

I love this place, it has great decor and the atmosphere is always vibrant. We have eaten in the dining area a few times and the food has always delivered, huge fan of the classic fish and chips and the beef rib.

The bar staff are super friendly which really makes this a great place to hang out for a few drinks. We have a choice of a few good locals in Wandsworth but we always end up here for good reason!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rama N
Reviewed 15 July 2017

We arrived from Canada in the morning, tired from our overnight flight, and the staff were warm, friendly, extremely helpful, and had this happy funny engaging vibe that it turns out, everyone working there has. They managed to let us have our room earlier than the usual check in time, which gave us a great sleep and ability to then enjoy our supper and evening in that pretty, charming restaurant/pub. We ate our meals there for the 3 days/nights we stayed, and can't say enough. The full English breakfast was scrumptious, so well cooked & quickly/cheerfully presented, even on the very busy Saturday morning when the pub was full of delighted folks watching a rugby match. The fish & chips & pub-made tartar sauce with creme fraiche, I can't even describe. I ate it more than once, for sure!! The steak surprised my husband, in how good it was, and the beer-- well, yum!! I left my drink selections to the witty warm bar folks, and wasn't steered wrong. The hotel room was lovely, the bed was the most comfortable we experienced in our entire travels in Europe, the air conditioning was most welcome, & even with the pub full of cheering sports fans that Saturday morning, we heard nothing except, while in our bathroom, a tiny bit of the triumphant "yayyyy"s when the home team scored- but even that couldn't be heard in the bedroom. There are outside seats, a really neat lower level intimate wine bar that has to be seen- it intrigued us. There is tons of shopping simply out the door and down the street, and the area felt safe. The biggest bonuses of this place are not able to be advertised-- they have to be experienced! The whole place & staff felt like "home", like we had landed in the giant house of great friends who looked after us like family. They told us how to get into central London, which I have to say was extremely simple and fun-- walk a tiny bit down basically two interesting streets full of shops & cafes, catch the above ground Waterloo train, relax for the 10 min it'll take, and boom, you're at the Waterloo station, a giant spot with food, shops, the London eye is there, the London Dungeon, Westminster Abbey, etc., along with "the tube" that we then hopped on and took all over London. Simple, easy, and that small 10 min train ride/the location of the Brewers Inn in Wandsworth means that we saved buckets of money at that Inn, had the fun and charm of that pub/hotel, and could use the money instead on lots of attractions in the city. It was also a relief to go back to Wandsworth at the end of each day, already recognise some locals (and their dogs) in the pub (the restaurant part is dog -free, lol) and see again the friendly staff at the pub, and talk to them re planning our next day's events. They even helped us with a taxi for the wee hours trip to the airport for our next leg of the journey, and packed us a little breakfast for the trip. James, our main contact was a funny, friendly guy, a delight. I have stayed in "regular" hotels in England, and felt totally out of the loop, separated from having a real feel of London life. But this-- wow! Don't miss this experience!!

Room Tip: Rooms are quiet, private, cozy. You have to be able to walk up a few stairs. Loved it!
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank D d
BrewersInn, marketing and events coordinator at Brewers Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2017

Thank you so much for your review, and we're delighted you enjoyed your stay so much! We look forward to seeing you on your next trip over this side of the pond.

Reviewed 3 July 2017

Free car parking. Nice room, clean, well furnished and decorated, comfortable bed. Our room was at the front and facing a busy main road but there was no noticeable road noise. The room had good air conditioning, free WiFi and full Sky TV, tea/coffee making facilities (quality tea). Breakfast was excellent as was the food in the restaurant. Within walking distance to all public transport.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple