“Great customer service”

The Chicago Rib Shack- Stratford
Ranked #760 of 1 333 Quick Bites in London
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Description: The Chicago Rib Shack is a London favourite, serving All-American greats including a selection of mouth-watering ribs, juicy burgers and mind-blowingly good chicken - accompanied perfectly by our infamous Onion Loaf (which is still made to the same recipe)! All our ribs are smoked for hours over apple-wood, while our burgers are lovingly hand-minced. Both are served alongside dangerously good milkshakes, classic American craft beers and homemade Ice Teas and Lemonades. Our ‘Rib Shack week’ entails fantastic deals including £1 per wing on Wings Wednesday and Burger Thursday where you get a burger, drink and fries for under £12.
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

Came here on a Thursday evening with my friend. Her hot dog was absolutely perfect as were the nutella shakes but I had some issues with my burger. The lady that took care of the issue (white, blonde) was very professional and took care of the situation straight away. Thank you guys. We'll be back soon!

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed 29 April 2018

Burgers:

Basic burger - quality beef patty in brisk bun. Good value for £6

Bacon and blue cheese burger - as above with reasonable amount of bacon with decent blue cheese sauce. I enjoyed it, but wished if the sauce was slightly thicker so it would not ran down my hand while I was eating it.

Mushroom burgers - large mushrooms shaped in a patty, deep fried. Succulent and crispy at the same time, but I had more flavoursome mushroom burger before.

Sides:

Fries - ok, but we prefer the skinny fries from GBK.

Chilli cheese fries - basically fries with cheese and chilli con carne sauce on top. I was disappointed because I was expecting seasoned fries.

Spicy coleslaw - very enjoyable side. It was spicy, but the spiciness did not linger in my mouth because of mayonnaise from the slaw. This

Drinks:

Coke - £2.20 for a bottle? I wonder if it would have been cheaper to get one from a newsagent across the floor

Coke float & banana milkshake - did not taste them myself but I can report that my kids enjoyed them.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

Thursday night bargain, choose any burger and get fries and a drink for just a tenner. Added a rack of ribs and wings, awesome food.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 3 April 2018

This is only the 2nd time that I have placed a Negative review but I felt this one necessary.

Was in Westfield and decided to drop in on Good Friday,
The staff are polite and friendly, this hid the fact of what was coming next!
The ribs were okay, coated in more sauce than meat. the wings (mixed box) again covered with more sauce than meat, the poor Cows and Chickens should have been fed first.
The Burger, quickly put together and overcooked (cold) , it fell apart when I was trying to cut it and crunched in places.
The Pulled Pork pancake rolls are nice, be careful the sauce is very hot! luckily I did have a very nice milkshake.

If this was cheap eats then hey ho but this cost me £30!

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank Paul B
Reviewed 1 April 2018

Whilst the staff here were really friendly and the food was served quickly it was not at all what we expected.
First of all our food was pretty much cold when we got to our table- which was like 2 minutes from the actual stall. But also it was odd, the burger that I ordered didn't have all the fillings inside it, it was served on the side like it was a salad? I thought this was quite an odd thing to do. The burger lacked, in terms of juiciness and general enjoyment of it, I don't usually throw away food but I was damn near close to in this case, there was hardly any identifiable sauce in the burger too despite expecting a spicy chipotle mayo. The bun also fell apart towards the end which suggests it wasn't the best quality of bread to use for the burger. We also had the blue cheese chips, but there was not enough blue cheese for the amount of chips we had- not to mention the chips were quite soggy and hard at the same time? not sure what was going on there.
Overall I would not visit again, it wasn't worth the money at all, try somewhere else in the food court!

Date of visit: February 2018