“Amazing Stay”
Review of London Guest House

London Guest House
Ranked #517 of 1 077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 16 October 2017

The place is located bit on the outskirt of the main city, but the transportation is easily available, the hotel is nice, with amazing breakfast(complimentary) and the rooms were very well kept.
A very good option for a budget stay

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family

Reviewed 22 September 2017

Location-wise, unless you need to be in this part of London, the only reason for staying here is the price. The hotel is at least 20 minutes walk from the nearest Underground and Overground stations, and although there is a mainline station quite close, there are only 2 trains an hour into central London (Paddington). A bus route passes the hotel, with a stop almost outside, and this is an easier way of getting to the Underground station, although the morning traffic makes it a slow journey. Car parking appeared quite adequate.

The person on Reception was very helpful, and my room (on the second floor) was very clean (except for a large cobweb on the inside of the bathroom window, visible only when I opened the window, and except for several discarded cigarette butts on the parapet outside the window). The room was small, but provided everything I needed for an overnight stay (including tea/coffee making facilities). Although small, the bathroom had a shelf where I could put my razor, brush and comb, toothpaste, etc. (Like many hotels, only the liquid "soap" in a container was supplied, but I now make it a habit to take a bar of proper soap with me.)

The bed was comfortably firm, and I slept well. The room was warm.

Although it was advertised as a "continental breakfast", I was pleasantly surprised to see that the self-service breakfast included hot scrambled egg, beans and potato croquettes. However, the egg didn't taste of anything, and I think it was made up from a manufactured pre-mix. The croissants were croissants only in shape, they were clearly mass-produced, probably from a cut-price supermarket, and not enjoyable. The coffee was cold, and I went back to my room to make a cup of hot coffee. Worst of all, the television was on full volume, with the kind of uninteresting and unimportant trash that passes for "news" nowadays.

In summary, the accommodation was good, and good value for money, the location was acceptable in terms of accessibility to central London, but the breakfast experience was not pleasant.

Room Tip: The traffic passing outside is not too intrusive, but a room at the side is slightly quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
LGHhotel, Manager at London Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2017

Dear Peacelover2016,

Thank you very much for your detailed review. We appreciate as much information as possible so we know where we are doing well and where we need to improve.

I appreciate our location is not the best but we are excited for the start of the Elizabeth Line in December 2019 (the Crossrail) which will cut journey time into Central London by half. We are fortunate though, to have a great bus service right outside our doorstep (24 hour service).

I have noted the cobweb and cigarette stubs outside the windows and will make sure they are cleaned up and always kept clean. Thank you for notifying this.

I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy the breakfast as we usually get positive feedback for this. The eggs are always made fresh and not used from a pre-mix. It maybe the case of a bland batch. I will review the croissants and where we purchase them from. I am surprised to read you had cold coffee as the machie is constantly on to keep the coffee hot. I will invesitage this.

I have also taken note of your comments about the television and will rectify this.

Once again, we appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again, this time enjoying the breakfast.

Kind regards

Monish
Manager

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

Visited London with a friend and our sons. We wanted to stay just outside the centre of London. This Guest house was perfect. The staff were so helpful and welcoming. The family room was clean and had a small fridge which was very useful. There was a continental breakfast with a large selection of foods to choose from.
Would definitely stay here again and recommend.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Helen L
Reviewed 30 July 2017

My wife and I stayed here from 28th July to 30 July. The room we had was on the lower floor. The room was basic but clean and tidy. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The bed linen was exceptionally clean. Although the bathroom was on the small side it was again very clean and had everything you need for a good stay. Clean shower basin and WC and a hairdryer not something you expect from a B&B. Breakfast was advertised as continental and included scrambled egg, beans, along with the normal fruit yoghurt and cheese and fruit. Room was ver quiet although situated on a main road. Good transport links to central London.

Room Tip: Would not recommend this hotel for disabled or those with walking difficulties.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jack R
Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

Enjoyed our stay, great staff. Rooms were as expected and breakfast was decent. In a good location and not far from downtown. All in all in was a good stay. If your looking for a reasonable place to just rest your head this is good place for that. No elevator so you must walk the stairs with your bags but that is only twice.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple