“homophobic”

Soho Sky Terrace & The Bar
Ranked #17 455 of 25 043 Restaurants in London
Neighbourhood: Soho
Description: Chill out with refreshing cocktails light bites and mellow grooves at the Soho's funkiest open-sky roof terrace and bar in Soho, London. Enjoy a hard earned after work drink under the summer stars or spend a lazy weekend afternoon lounging around in style, soaking up the sun or sheltering under our all-weather cover. The stunning Soho Sky Terrace can be hired for private parties or corporate events and themed to your specific requirements. Why not hold a rooftop beach party, luau feast or space age soiree... The Terrace facilities include the following:- Modern outdoor furniture Patio heaters Small kitchen Portable BBQ Capacity for up to 80 people (standing) Capacity for up to 60 (seated)
Reviewed 23 August 2017

My wife and I went to the Sky Bar about 10.30 last night after seeing a very good west end show, I found us a seat but the manager stopped my wife and told her last orders were about to be called and she was not allowed in! I had found a seat and went to find her only for her to tell me we had to leave? I asked the bar man if last orders had been called - #no’ and he was willing to serve me asking what drink I wanted - my wife still up on the steps…. I explained a woman had said we were not allowed in and then the woman in question was next to me and I asked her – she told me they don’t take people in off the street after 10pm – I informed her were residents of the hotel not people ‘off the street’ and she became very rude – we left and felt the whole incident was either ageist or homophobia – or BOTH! We went downstairs to lobby bar for a drink and it turned out this bar is 3rd party run not the hotel.

So we will avoid it in future and hope KARMA gets the very troubled manager…….

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

Noticed the roof bar as we came back to our room to freshen up for Art Garfunkle at the Palladium
Went along and asked if we could have a quick drink. The individual on the desk advised us that they were fully booked and we couldn't have a drink. We came back to our room and returned an hour later on our way out. Checked and his tables and chairs were as empty as they had been on our previous visit. I can only assume we did not meet his criteria ie young loud and hip. We were smartly dressed as heading for the theater. Complained to reception and were told the roof bar is not part of the hotel. They may not be part of it but they certainly reflect badly on the hotel.

1  Thank thepatch2016
Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

Popped by with a couple of colleagues for a drink on a warm midweek afternoon.

Was rudely told there were no tables available - despite the bar being virtually empty. Would have been nice if they asked how long we wanted the table for. But seem they wanted an empty bar rather than 3 customers for a couple of hours.

Won't go back there again. Reading the reviews it appears others think the same. Shame.

Reviewed 14 May 2017

Nice location in a building steeped in history. Could be a great place to go. Cool roof terrace overlooking Carnaby street. Have been here twice and both times have been so unimpressed with the rudeness of the serving staff. Generally disinterested in serving you, no warmth, no greeting, no interest in customer service. Yesterday was harassed to give a tip, when we had to and get the drinks ourselves as the waitress couldn't be bothered to serve us. Quite possibly the worst service from a waitress I have ever encountered. Barman (certainly not a mixologist) was making cocktails using a menu and pre-made up ingredients. If you want a decent cocktail, there are plenty more cocktail bars nearby. Maybe stop by for a beer, but that's all this place warrants. Such a shame as this place has the potential to be great.

1  Thank Stuart W
Reviewed 17 August 2016

It is great to find a new rooftop bar in central London - but this one wouldn't be worth returning to. It is very small and a suntrap (in a bad way, it was far too hot) as it is in such a built up area and not really high enough. There isn't a view at all really, either.
Much better rooftop bars in London.

Roy S, General Manager at Soho Sky Terrace & The Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2016

Dear Emily B,

Thank you for your comments and I am disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy our roof top bar. We are on the 6th floor in Central London, and we do overlook Carnaby Street and Liberty's but if you expect to see the London skyline then indeed we are not it. We have space for 80 people on our terrace which does not make us the biggest but would not state us as being very small. Shame you will not be returning.