I stayed at Bay Tree House for five nights in September. I was travelling alone, and wanted accommodation in a quiet, respectable area that was handy to the tube. Bay Tree House turned out to be a perfect choice.
Firstly, I had a lovely spacious en-suite room on the first floor, with windows overlooking the road at the front and garden at the back. It was nicely decorated and immaculately clean. Each morning, Jasmine served a delicious breakfast, which included a choice of juices, cereals, yogurt, croissants, pancakes and freshly cooked eggs, bacon etc. I enjoyed sitting at the communal breakfast table sharing experiences with other guests.
Although, looking at the map, Bay Tree House appears somewhat remote from central London, it is actually only five minutes walk from Arnos Grove tube station, and Arnos Grove is on the Piccadilly Line, meaning a direct route to Heathrow airport, Kings Cross/St Pancras for the Eurostar, South Kensington for the museum district, and Green Park for Buckingham Palace. And because Arnos Grove is near the end of the line, you are guaranteed to get a seat when you board the train to go into town, which is a major bonus in London.
Jasmine is a delightful, friendly hostess, ably assisted by her adult daughter Molly. There is a variety of restaurants, cafes and a small supermarket near the tube station. I tried the Indian restaurant one evening and thoroughly enjoyed my meal there. Indeed, I couldn't eat it all, so brought half back to the b&b in a doggy bag and popped it into the fridge. The next evening, Jasmine happily reheated the left-overs for me and they tasted just as good.
I would definitely recommend Bay Tree House.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Jasmine warmly welcomes you to Bay Tree House Bed and Breakfast. An award winning luxury B&B here in London at very affordable prices. All the rooms are newly redecorated keeping with the original "Old English style". With comfortable beds, T.V, and private bathrooms with outsized showers. The property boasts beautiful views of Arnos Park which has free tennis courts. Conveniently located in New Southgate, North London. The closest tube is Arnos Grove which is approximately a 5 minute walk. Central London is a 25-30 minute tube journey. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your Bay Tree House Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bay Tree House Hotel London
- Bay Tree House Bed And Breakfast