“Best night ever!!!!”

Ranked #197 of 444 Fun & Games in London
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed 29 October 2015

I waited for AGES for this to come back to London so I could book tickets and when I saw they were showing Bridesmaids which is my all time favourite film I just had to book it. We got an entire hot tub with 6 of us and travelled to Bethnal Green for our adventure to begin. When we arrived they were filming outside, we were concerned that we were about to audition for something but then we saw the hot tubs and the excitement just kicked in! The changing areas are rubbish and are gazebo's with no light so everyone was getting changed by the lights on their phones.
There were bins next to your hot tub that you could put your personal items in or there was a free cloakroom too!
Waiter service to your hot tub and once the film has finished a mini party begins where they put bubble bath in all of the hot tubs and turn them on so it’s a huge foam party.
You exchange money for drinks tokens and they give you a little belt you can put in the hot tub, they take cards for payment at the token counter and refund any tokens you had if you have some left over.
Seriously so much fun and pretty much everyone was really drunk which just made it a hilarious night out.
Would definitely do it again - come back to London soon PLEASE!

1  Thank L1220

Reviewed 20 September 2015 via mobile

We were a little dubious when we walked in. Getting your kit off in September in the UK. But the event was really well organised.

Standard cinema treats (veggie hotdogs too which is refreshing!) And a good cocktail bar (table service so you don't have to get up and get cold mid film).

The event really isn't about the film. Choose one you can talk and drink over to save disappointment as it is pretty loud.

Beware. It gets messy as soon as the film ends so if your not up for being soaked/acting very immature then leave quickly. Foam party with people jumping from tub to tub. Saw several people dunked under. If you embrace it, you'll enjoy it. We all loved it ♡

Ps. You really don't need a lot. Literally a towel and some make up remover would have been enough.

Enjoy x

3  Thank Mimzie
Reviewed 15 May 2015

Ok, old compared to most others there but you can't go wrong with Rocky Horror and then good fun watching the fun in the foam party after.

2  Thank SouthBucksUk
Reviewed 2 May 2015 via mobile

If you are under 25 you will absolutely love this-everyone else, don't bother. As you come into the venue, you are directed to some communal changing rooms behind a sparkly curtains (separate for men and women) where you can change into your bikini/trunks. In the same area there is a bar selling popcorn, hot dogs and drinks. The staff are very friendly and help you get into the spirit. There are not quite enough of them however-we queued for about 10 minutes to get in, 15 minutes to put our bags away and over 15 minutes to get a drink. Once you get into the hot tub area you are directed to your hot tub. The hot tub itself is little more than a paddling pool filled with bath water - the water was not hot enough for our liking but other hot tubs seemed to be warmer. The hot tub can fit 4 people but they squash 6 people in meaning you are inevitably forced to sit in a stress position all night with someone else's leg under your backside. If you are in a group of 6 people you know this might not be so much of a problem. We only had a tiny table for 6 of us which was full of people's towels by the time we arrives (there being no where to hang towels) so it was difficult to get to our drinks without havinng to get in and out of the tub. There is a decent view of the screens but there were quite a few problems when we were there-screen turning off and on etc... but the sound quality and picture are decent. As the night progresses, your hot tub companions get progressively more drunk and start hot tub hopping and shrieking with glee at various points in the film, your hot tub fills with pop corn and hot dogs and the party starts. We only made half way through the film before deciding to leave realising it wasn't really our scene! I think I would have loved this in my early 20's-there is a definite party atmosphere and the idea is novel. However, there is definitely an age when you realise that swilling around in a paddling pool filled with tepid water and popcorn with a strangers foot under your bottom is at best, not really that fun, and at worst, unhygienic.

13  Thank pegalish
See more reviews
Reviewed 22 April 2015 via mobile

This was one of those nights that my pals and I will talk about forever! It was so much fun that I still chuckle to myself when I think about it!
We hired a tub for the 6 of us to watch Grease...I can fully recommend seeing a musical as everyone was up, dancing and singing with gusto during the songs. There was a real party atmosphere, with people of all ages and sizes. Everyone was so relaxed and friendly that we all felt completely comfortable...being self-conscious in your cossie is simply not an option!
The water in the tub was quite hot, but our waiter showed us how to control the temperature by turning the bubbles on and off.
The staff were all wonderful, and ended up in the tub with us, dancing madly, fully-clothed and soaking wet!
It really was an unforgettable night and we can't wait to do it all again! Hurry back to Brum Hot Tub Cinema!!

1  Thank Jane M