“Beautiful view, but you have to pay for it”
Review of Aqua Shard

Aqua Shard
Ranked #2 012 of 24 683 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Contemporary, British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, View
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Southwark
Description: Aqua shard is a lively, cosmopolitan restaurant serving innovative contemporary British cuisine. At breakfast, lunch, weekend brunch, afternoon tea or dinner, guests can enjoy spectacular views from Level 31 of The Shard. Only the best British and Irish produce is used including many ingredients sourced from nearby Borough Market, and elegant presentation makes every meal at aqua shard feel like a special occasion. The bar at aqua shard is London's ultimate destination bar, boasting unrivalled views of the capital from its spectacular three-storey atrium. Beautifully crafted cocktails made with premium spirits, as well as a thoughtfully chosen wine list by the glass or bottle, are available all day from 12 until late.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Veey nice view given its the tallest tower in Europe, but you really have to pay for it. Expect to pay more than you will be paying for in the west end for a simple drink. Had lunch and dinner at Aqua, the food is completely terrible, you really just go there for the view.

aquashard, Guest Relations Manager at Aqua Shard, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Baizhou C,

Thank you for taking the time to write to us about your visit to aqua shard for Lunch and Dinner. I am sorry to hear that your experience fell short of the high standards that we have set for ourselves and that our guests expect.

I would like to speak to the relevant managers and team members concerned to establish what might have caused this lapse in our standards. In order to do so I would just need the details of your visits: date, time and the name your reservation was made under.

Please send these to me so we can investigate accordingly.

Yours sincerely,

Customer Service Team
Aqua Shard Restaurant
customerservice@aqua-london.com

Write a ReviewReviews (13 948)

56 - 60 of 13 950 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This was my second time at the Aqua Shard for breakfast. The first time I went was on a weekday and the menu options seemed to be endless. However, this time I went on a Saturday. Not only is the breakfast more expensive on a weekend but it’s limited. There was no French toast and a few other options were removed. I found this quite disappointing.
The waiters/waitresses are polite but very slow and I found myself waiting a while when asking for things like honey for my tea or milk.
The service could be a bit quicker, it seems the staff were more concerned with cleaning empty tables and keeping everything neat and tidy instead of attending to the guests.
The food is nicely presented, tasty and the portion sizes are very generous. The view is nice but be prepared to spend quite a bit especially if you go on the weekend.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My friend and I went for drinks to aqua but decided to also have a meal to accompany it.
4 drinks in total, 1 starter and 1 main- £178, rather expensive trip and the meals are ok but not worth the money and portions are rather small.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I had my birthday dinner here with my family and yes it was an unforgettable experience since we are at Aqua Shard! Here is my detailed review of the restaurant.

The area - It is not that hard to get here, anyway underground in London is one of the best Subway i have been to beside the one in Vienna. The location is very near other tourist destinations.

The security - i was actually surprised that you have to undergo real security check before you get in the building which is understandable and quite good feeling that you are safe inside.

The food - i understand why is it very expensive. With the view and the location but if you are gong to ask me if its worth to pay that much for the food, i guess not. The food is ok, elegant, tastes good as well but did it give me a WOW feeling?I guess not. Especially if you have been to some other Michelin star restaurants. But my husband recommends the dessert with guava. He says its really good. Maybe i was just not lucky with the one i ordered.

The service - it´s ok as well, nothing extra ordinary except for the extra dessert cake they gave me for my birthday.

All in all, it is unforgettable experience since you are in London and hey! its one of the highest, if not the highest skyscraper in Europe. With regards to the view, we were not placed by the window because most of the table by the window are just for two persons. So, i did not enjoy much of the view:-)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The view of this restaurant is amazing. The food is good but not perfect. The plates were not warm and it was very long, 3 hours for brunch. Its not a place for families with young children. Very good desserts. I would recommend the 3 course meals.