“Lovely rooms shame about the bed!”
Review of W12 Rooms

W12 Rooms
Ranked #56 of 571 London B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

Booked this hotel as it was in an ideal location for Wembley and not too expensive.

Check in was quick and easy. There are a lot of stairs up to the rooms so be aware of this if you are not very mobile.

Our room was small but had everything we needed and the decor was lovely. There was scaffolding on the outside of the building which was a shame. Our room faced onto the busy road. It was a little noisy at times but mostly fine. Aircon allowed for a lovely room temperature.

Someone came to check everything was OK with our room within about 15 mins of us checking in which I thought was really good.

The bathroom was lovely and mostly clean however the tiles in the shower on the back wall were very brown in places. Someone needs to get the bleach out and do the grouting!

The biggest downfall of this hotel was the bed. It was a standard double so a little smaller than we are used to. That would have been fine but the mattress was SO SOFT it felt like a water bed! Every time we moved the whole bed seemed to move. It made for a very uncomfortable nights sleep and a bit of a bad back in the morning.

This hotel is ideally situated for the tube, literally 30 seconds away. It also has many other facilities nearby even if it doesn't have its own bar or anything.

Westfield shopping centre with all its bars and restaurants is 2 minutes walk. Starbucks is 10 seconds walk! There's also a cinema over the road.

Overall I did really like this place and I would potentially stay again but the soft mattress is the only thing putting me off.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cmorr86
AdminW12, Guest Relations Manager at W12 Rooms, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2017

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your feedback and we are sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your stay at W12 Rooms.
Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced in our hotel.

Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

I booked this hotel as I needed something near to Olympia for a work tradeshow I was attending & several colleagues had stayed here before.
Initially, it was only going to be for me & one of my colleagues so I booked 2 rooms through Booking.com. When I had to book an additional colleague in, I inadvertently cancelled the 2 rooms but booked 3 new rooms straight away.
As far as I knew, all was straightforward until I received my credit card bill - I had been charged for the first 2 rooms as well as the 3 we actually used. I rang the hotel and was told that I needed to contact Booking.com as the first 2 rooms were 'non-refundable' & get this amended. When I spoke to Customer services there, they said it was clearly an oversight and despite the fact I'd cancelled non-refundable rooms, the fact that I'd instantly booked 3 new rooms was sufficient for them to suggest that the hotel provide a refund on the first 2 rooms!
Just had an email from Booking.com this morning to tell me that the hotel has refused to credit this. Whilst I acknowledge that it was a mistake on my part, I can say that without a doubt this will be the last time anyone in our Company uses this hotel! I hope they think it was worth the lost business for the sake of £218!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Richard L

Reviewed 20 June 2017

This place is not at all suitable for the family at all. First of all it's got no lift service. Unfortunately some poor chaps will help you carry your luggage up and down which I felt sorry for them. So if you have got too much luggage it's definitely is not the right place. Moreover there are plenty of hidden charges.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank pravin v

Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

We had a wonderful stay. The bathroom is not only spacious but there is a large wet room rather than a shower. The bathroom and wet room has aids for disabled people.
Lots of complimentary teas etc. Safe is easy to use, just remember to use the reset switch insidd before putting your code in, otherwise it won't work.
Everything was clean and tidy. Staff were very friendly, welcoming and helpful. Free water in reception, place to leave your luggage when you arrive and depart.
Literally a two minute walk from shepherds bush train station. Local wether spoons across the road, shops, mcdonalds etc close by.
Great hotel, would stay again.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Sir/Madam,

Many thanks for your most kind words. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you again!

Reviewed 7 June 2017

W12 was selected because it looked quirky and unusual and was in a great location perfect for a 2 day London visit with a family member It had a surprisingly small but pleasantly decorated bedroom and bathroom offering all the usual hotel ammenities and we thought we had done quite well with our choice. Unfortunately things came unstuck when we discovered that the bathroom was particularly uncleanand had been neglected with thick dust along the door panels, and months of grime around the plug and scum stains down the front of the washbasin, worse still was the shower tray and glass which were discoloured and far from clean; obviously this room had not been thoroughly maintained for some time . I spoke to a staff member in the office showing him images of the bathroom on my phone and he promised to get the bathroom cleaned by our return that evening. Another disappoinment came when we went to bed on our second night at the hotel to see our bed had just been quickly pulled up and dressed you could still see our head imprints in the pillows. and biscuit crumbs from the morning coffee , I ventured down to the office to advise the staff member on duty of the still unclean, (although there were signs of a partial clean) bathroom and unmade bed, The staff member seemed totally disinterested sayng there was nothing he could do, A snug hotel that was spoilt by inadequate room and customer managment - we wont be re visiting. W12!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family