“Great for football matches”

O'Neill's in Blackheath
Ranked #7 299 of 24 672 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$7 - US$26
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: You'll always find a warm welcome at O'Neill's in Blackheath. Ours is a place where you're free to go with the flow. Where great food and drink is always served with a smile. And where, no matter whether you're a regular or a newcomer, our friendly team will make you feel at home. Irish pubs are known for their hospitality - a point we love proving here at O'Neill's in Blackheath. We are one of the best pubs in Blackheath for Irish food, drink and atmosphere. Come and see for yourself - drop by for a bite to eat, to watch some sport, to enjoy our live music or just for the craic. Slainte!
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Great pub, brilliant atmosphere for football matches and fantastic service! Also the gentlemen are well fit

General Manager A, Manager at O'Neill's in Blackheath, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi Mc C, we are very happy to have provided you with such a positive experience! We hope to see you soon!

Jaime & The Management Team

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Best staff. Best management. Best everything!!

No other place in blackheath compares!!!!

Great atmosphere for the football. Great menu and drink deals.

Abbie P, thank you for the high star rating! thank you for your kind review; we are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at O'Neill's Blackheath! Thank you so much again for your feedback! We hope you have a great day!

Jaime & The O'Neill's Team

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Went here for some drinks and nibbles and found it to be very pleasant indeed and the staff were very nice and friendly. I got a very good first impression of this lovely little pub. I would come here again and it was clean and had a nice feel to it...lovely floors and nice tables as well. I also thought the prices were competitive and reasonable. I used the toilets which are clean and welcoming and well maintained. I liked the outside and the inside and well done to the very busy staff. It is set in a lovely village with bus and train links and on a lovely sunny day or night is very appealing .....

General Manager A, Manager at O'Neill's in Blackheath, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Grandma648, thank you so much for your positive comments about O'Neill's Blackheath! We're glad to hear we delivered such a great experience. If there's anything further we can do for you, we are happy to help!

See you again soon
Amy and The O'Neills Team

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Visited for some lunch, the food was disgusting and not enjoyable. I could not bring myself to eat it. We ordered dessert hoping it would be better, I enjoyed the brownie and ice cream. We also got the fried doughnuts (churros) the worst churros I've ever tasted. They tasted like they was fried in the dirty chip oil. The tasted like they had salt on them, when we asked to speak to the manager she was extremely rude and hesitant to give us a refund for them although 2 churros we're touched out of the 15. She took it upon herself to taste it and argue that's how they're supposed to taste.
If you're looking for dirty salt tasting churros this is the restaurant for you.
The original server was very nice and polite and tried to help in any way he could.

Definitely won't be back, hopefully they hire a new manager.

General Manager A, Manager at O'Neill's in Blackheath, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Mkvamanda, it's upsetting to hear that you did not receive the top-notch service we strive to provide. I am really disappointed to her that this was your experience and would really like to get to the bottom of the problem. I would need more information to find out who dealt with this issue. Could you tell me what day this was on and around what time of day/evening? I am the Assistant Manager and was unaware of this. Our General Manager Jamie is also unaware so as you have said you spoke to a manger we are confused by who may of dealt with this complaint. Please contact us at 020 8463 9230 so we can work with you to make this right.

Thanks
Amy

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

O’Neill’s is a lovely pub in Blackheath. I finally tried the food on a Sunday evening with my boyfriend. There’s lots of seating and it’s well laid out with a relaxed atmosphere. I’ve always found the service really good.

It’s excellent value - £6.75 for a bbq buttermilk fried chicken wrap, chips and coleslaw, which was all lovely. My boyfriend also enjoyed the notorious PIG burger. The menu is extensive and they have lots of offers, great value for money. I was really impressed how good the food was so I’ll definitely be returning to eat.

General Manager A, Manager at O'Neill's in Blackheath, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2018

Gemmxx, thank you for your kind review; we are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at O'Neill's Blackheath! We're glad to hear we delivered such a great experience. If there's anything further we can do for you, we are happy to help!

Jamie & The O'Neill's Team