“Traitors of the Highest Order”
Review of The Queen's Head

The Queen's Head
Ranked #7 382 of 24 651 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$7 - US$22
Cuisines: Gastropub
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Full service restaurant and bar. We host special occasion such as Birthday parties, Christenings, Anniversaries, First holly communion etc. We are known for excellent steaks at a reasonable price.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This is the sort of pub that tells you that you can't sit on an empty table because someone has reserved it. On match day. Half an hour after the booking was made.

It sticks some flags outside and pretends to be a proper pub but don't be fooled by this sirens song!

Reviewed 29 May 2018

Been a visitor to this pub for a number of years...it was a nondescript venue which stayed open late which was a bonus! since being taken over and had a complete revamp it's a nicer, cooler bar to spend the day drinking. Pizza's are nothing special with stingy toppings so disappointing for the price. On most occasions I feel like I'm spending most the time trying to catch the eye of the waiter/ waitress which isn't great when you are spending time with family. I'm also surprised by how often they are out of stock. Probably would go drinking there but not to eat.

Alex A, Manager at The Queen's Head, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2018

Hi E14,

It's great to see you think the pub is a much nicer place to drink in since we refurbished it back in August. I'm concerned to see you aren't happy with the amount of toppings on our pizzas as we usually get great feedback. With regards to being out of stock of a few items this is probably teething problems as we have just changed over to a new menu and suppliers etc, I can only apologise you experienced this.

With regards to you feeling like you are always trying to get the attention of staff members, this is something I will address asap. However our company policy is to order at the bar from a bar team member. We try and keep the traditional feel of a pub by not offering the full restaurant waiting service. That being said I still want you to feel like you are being noticed and not taking time away from your family!

I hope to see you again soon!
Thanks,
Alex

Reviewed 23 May 2018

I recently had my daughter's Christening at The Queens Head. From the very start, we were looked after extremely well. Nothing we asked for was too much trouble, from storing the Christening cake in the fridge to looking after the balloons the day before.

When we arrived at the pub, they had set out our area beautifully. Our guests commented on what a lovely pub it was (it has recently been refurbished and is comfy, stylish and the outdoor area is lovely on a summer's day). We ordered lots of food from the menu and everything was delicious. The pizzas are thin and crispy and all the guests told us how good they thought they were.

Just wanted to say a huge thanks to Paula and the rest of the staff for making it such a special day for us. Would highly recommend this pub to everyone in the area!

Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

We ordered from the "new menu " only to be told that the topping we wanted wasn't available! Once they arrived they were the size of a small side plate. Wouldn't bother with food again but as a pub for a drink wouldn't hesitate.

1  Thank marg100
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Our family ate Sunday dinner here. 2 people had the meat pies, one had a burger, and one had the Sunday roast chicken dinner. Everything was delicious! Very nice service too. The restaurant area was quite. Loved how it was decorated.

Alex A, Manager at The Queen's Head, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

Hi Travelsnearandfar,

I'm glad you had a great time and enjoyed your meal however you seem to have written your review on the wrong Queens Head page!
I wouldn't want the establishment that you visited to miss out on such a great review.

Thanks,

The Queens Head (N21- Winchmore Hill)