“A very elegant 2 bedroom portered apartment with...”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Kenton Court

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

mazzasout...
south tyneside
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 31 May 2015 for a stay in May 2015
person found this review helpful

This apartment was booked for me as surprise birthday treat by my daughter and son-in-law . We were so excited and looking forward to spending a few days together as a family. The photos looked great . On entering the apartment all my daughter kept saying to me was "I'm so sorry" I assured her it looked fine on web site but please don't be fooled. It was really grotty , dirty stained seats , sofas that I would have been ashamed putting out for the bin men. One was held together by plank of wood and odd hammered on legs. Bedrooms were all odd bits of cheap furniture , Beds were so cheap and creaky . Grease on cooker hood was so thick that we never cooked . Did tell owner on telephone when we arrived we were gutted . He did offer full refund if we left but we had a seven month baby and a five year old with us . He just commented that it was London and if we wanted something better we should have paid at least £300 a night and obviously by my accent I was northern and must be used to paying less and getting more for my money, which l take great offence at!!! Stupid man !

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
3 Jun 2015
Upon checking in I spoke to the guest who said that she was not happy with the place. I was surprised by her comment and responded to her by saying that if it was something she was not happy with then I was more than happy to offer her a full refund and she could spend the next few hours in the apartment looking for something else. She did not take up that offer but then reminded me that she wasn't happy and said that the bedsheets weren't ironed. I advised her that they were clean, which she agreed with, but stated that it seemed that she was expecting a serviced apartment experience which tend to cost minimum £300 per night.

Not many people tend to leave a review on Tripadvisor but in the 3 years I have been renting this property this is the first time I have received a negative review on the place. I have over 50 4 stars reviews for the property on Air bnb. I have been renting a second place on Tripadvisor which also has 7 reviews all above 4 stars.

It is also the first time since I have been renting any place that a guest has purposefully left the front door wide open of the property upon check-out.
Jalabbasi
Manama
“A very elegant 2 bedroom portered apartment with a lift.”
Reviewed 1 December 2014 for a stay in November 2014

A lovely apartment complete with a fully fitted kitchen, sitting room, toilet and bathroom. Very centrally located with shops and bus stops on your doorstep, the tube station (Kensington/Olympia) is just along the road.

Ideal for families and sightseeing. Would definitely stay again!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location and elegance of the building.
Liked least: Nothing to note
Travelling group: Teenagers
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing