“Never going back”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I ordered the sizzling chicken expecting it to be some chicken all on its own and I ended up getting some oriental sweet sauce with it. The only thing that was half decent was the lamb chops, all people in our party (5 people) would recommend going somewhere else.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

First class service and great food.
We will definitely be coming back, next time we are in the area.

Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

I went alone when In the area one Thursday night. The staff are friendly and the service was good but all a bit too rushed. They seem to be trying too hard to clear plates and serve food quickly but their hearts are in the right place. The menu is good and well priced, so much so I questioned the cost at the end. The food was very good but the chicken tikka didn’t taste marinated for long enough and didn’t seem like it was cooked in a tandoor oven. Sheek kebab was very good with fresh salad and they put it on a sizzle plate with onions at my request. The mixed Biryani was very good but not outstanding (bit more seasoning). With a few small tweaks this could phenomenal but 100% worth a try. Good food, good prices and quick service. I’m hard to please but almost a 5

Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

I went to the Raj with my father looking forward after reading the reviews but I was left underwhelmed.

The food was ok but just that. Ok.

The starter tasted ok (prawn puree) but had just been plonked on a plate with no love and the chicken chilli balti tasted like a thick paste and not a rich flavoursome gravy. I didn't finish it all which for me at a curry house is very unusual!

The service was polite but not overly friendly or engaging which is why I give it the 3 stars that I do.

Maybe I am just lucky to have excellent Indian restaurants locally to me (try flavours near congresbury, somerset for example) but this place was just very average that's all

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

Extremely delicious dinner, so chuffed to find out they do paneer! Excellent service and great value for money. Would highly recommend. Thank you!