“Put a Smile On It”

Cuisines: Irish
Neighbourhood: City of London
Neighbourhood: City of London
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

On a pub crawl, this was the third pub and so third pint. Looks cool from the outside and pretty cool on the inside. Loads of history and character. The only thing I wasn't happy with was the bar lady, she was grumpy and uninterested, made me feel like I'd asked the impossible when ordering a bunch of drinks.

2  Thank jez34140

Reviewed 2 April 2018

This is a lovely old pub but you have to climb a narrow steep stair case to get to the cosy restaurant. The music was terrible and I have never had such an awful Sunday roast in my life. The only nice thing were the roast potatoes. The rest was absolutely tasteless, so much so that the "lamb" looked like floppy plastic and tasted like cardboard. This is a shame as it is a nice venue and the waiter was friendly and helpful.

2  Thank Jane-Elms I
Reviewed 26 January 2018

Never pass by this establishment without stopping in for a drink. The food is OK, but the bar is historical. We have been in here many times and always felt at home.

1  Thank sethavery
Reviewed 20 January 2018

We stopped by the Tipperary on a home-made bar crawl as everyone needs an Irish Bar once in awhile. It was the middle of the day and fairly empty, but we had a great conversation with some of the other tourists. Unfortunately the bartender continually tried to one-up or challenge everyone's stories to the point of annoyance. It sounded like she is a part-time worker so I would visit this bar again and hope she's not there.

patty R, Owner at The Tipperary, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2018

Hello Im so sorry. I have just read your comments would you email me regards who served you so I can address this please. Very Concerned.
Many Thanks Patty Owner
Pateggs@msn.com

Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

Very small old Irish pub with a famous song . Old music hall song from end of first world war related to it being a long way to Tipperary. Pub tiny inside but ad a stench of history and seemed so inviting. Really enjoyed the half hour I spent here having a good glass of cider. Oldest and original Irish pub in London.

1  Thank IAN O