“Work meal”
Review of The Punch Tavern

The Punch Tavern
Ranked #204 of 1 339 Nightlife in London
Reviewed 18 January 2018 via mobile

Recently went here for dinner and drinks with my team from work. Really nice traditional looking pub with a great atmosphere, dinner was delicious and all in all had a great night.

Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

As a family with both young children and teenagers, we visited the the quaint Punch Tavern, a former Gin Palace in Fleet Street, a couple of years ago. We enjoyed it so much, we always planned to return again. So, on my daughters birthday, New Years Eve, we did. Apparently this has just been taken over by new owners and I can only say, is even better. The staff are great, really friendly and made us all very welcome, (children included), even giving a free birthday drink - so unexpected! We didn’t eat there as we had previously booked a meal elsewhere but will certainly return and sample the next time in London. The food served looked great, although a little pricey for us Northerners but I suppose reasonable for London prices. Apparently, they also have a kids menu on request. Give it a go - I’m sure you’ll not be disappointed. X

Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

Nice place for a beer with friends after a long day and having donner, only beware of industrial mashed potatoes not good.

Reviewed 29 November 2017 via mobile

I booked the back room of The Punch Tavern for my birthday party. Ilona in the office was very helpful in arranging the booking, and the minimum spend on the bar was very reasonable. When we arrived the room looked lovely, sparklingly clean with candles on the tables, and set up perfectly for a cocktail party, with chilled prosecco. The manager Ash was very friendly and accommodating, going to great lengths to get our music playing in the room! The food was delicious and arrived exactly as planned. The cocktail menu is short and classic: they made a delicious Old Fashioned, and have a very good Gin & Tonic menu. The wine list is very good, with several delicious bottles around £20. The service from Eva, Bleddi and Jason was lovely and warm, I was so happy with the evening: we had a wonderful night, I might make this a birthday tradition!