“A big surprise - sugoi ”

Japanese cafe bar necco
Ranked #4 718 of 24 678 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Clerkenwell
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I lived in japan for 4 years and I live in france now and every time I go to a Japanese restaurant outside Japan it is always the same, sushi. So it was a big surprise when I came to Necco. Lots of “real” Japanese dishes, it really tasted like japan for me. The staff is great, super polite, and chill. The place is run by a Japanese family. I really enjoy the ambiance. Simple, cozy, good energy. And the plus, vegetarian and vegan options!!!

Oishikatta desu

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Popped in for lunch. Nice cosy cafe, food was good but the portions were small and price is quite high. The cakes and tea selection was good.

Reviewed 29 May 2018

It's a rainy summer's day in Clerkenwell and a yearning for a spicy katsu curry with brown rice drew me to Necco.
Absolutely divine Katsu curry - spicy and heart warming.
My colleague had a bento box stuffed full of goodies - tempura, sushi, rice etc.
You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 9 May 2018 via mobile

Necco was so disappointing. I was craving a decent bento but the salmon teriyaki was pathetic. A slither of salmon, ten times as much rice and I didn’t touch the supposed “salad” (a shred of dirty lettuce) and “side dish” (some tiny old pieces of carrot and aubergine) I would have rated the service higher had the waitress not answered “It’s only £6.50” when I asked if the side dish was coming. I’ve had far better value and quality in the same area so am surprised they are still going.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Ok taste, not so great price for something super basic. Not a single vegetable in there, just plain noodles in broth and prawns