“What has happened?”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Westminster
Description: A stylish Italian dining retreat in Westminster, Gustoso Ristorante and Enoteca is the sister restaurant of Al Duca and Osteria dell'Angolo in London. A diverse selection of dishes prepared using fresh, seasonal ingredients are served up on the menu, with popular choices including deep fried squid with N'duja and roasted peppers, Tagliolini with Cornish crab sweet chilli and garlic, slow cooked pork belly with apple sauce and sauteed broccoli, and our delicious Tiramisu. The bar is an ideal place for a pre-dinner aperitif, or a relaxed after-work drink with colleagues.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

I have used this restaurant many times and its a real favorite - the food is OK but the real point of difference was the restaurant manager Roberto. Whatever the hour and however busy, he would find you a table and a meal. Always very pleasant and good service at reasonable prices. However, I went in on Wednesday last week and the staff told me he has left. Things seemed rather disorganized and I think Gustoso has lost a key point of difference in Roberto. I hope he gets another job in the area so I can go to that restaurant.

2  Thank 5Gatliff

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I took my 18yr old grand-daughter here for lunch, just over a week ago. We experienced very tasty food and the service was remarkable. Therefore, I am horrified to read that the manager has left and without him the restaurant has gone downhill. I do hope that this is rectified pdq. Because whoever the manager was 10 days ago was very attentive together with excellent service from the rest of the staff. It was a very busy and lively restaurant the day we visited and I couldn’t fault it.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

I used to visit Gustoso at least twice a week - where Roberto always greeted local customers and made them belong.

Since Roberto has gone, the heart seems to have left the restaurant along with the good service.

Such a shame. It was my favourite restaurant and now I will need to find somewhere else - i wonder where Roberto has gone.

1  Thank LeslieMacleod
Reviewed 20 March 2018

I have enjoyed the food at Gustoso several times before and although the food is still quite tasty- the service has slipped dramatically.

The service is normally very fast, attentive and professional but on this occasion, it was very poor - the normal manager, Roberto normally looks after my guests and I but without him, Gustoso has declined.

It is not difficult to find authentic and tasty Italian food in central London - you are better off going somewhere else.

Poor service and I will not be returning- a shame.

1  Thank hedgeL
Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is just a few minutes walk from Victoria but really a hidden gem. The outside betrays a comfortable and stylish interior.

Food was delicious, fresh and pasta home made and beautifully cooked.

Service was impeccable - friendly but refined.

Very much recommended.