All reviews dry hotel butler service south kensington tube drawing room underfloor heating mini bar in the room queens gate nespresso machine executive king on arrival the hotel was fully booked albert hall natural history museum excellent location lovely hotel three nights continental breakfast
Reviewed 20 March 2016

We booked the Adria due to the special they were offering to stay 4 nights and pay 3. This was not offered via the internet so we needed to call and book directly. We were never sent a confirmation mail after speaking to the hotel but were assured our reservation was confirmed. We found this odd but it worked!

The hotel is not accessible unless you are buzzed through the door which we found odd and annoying for the 4 nights. The key you are given does not open the door and we had several occasions where the buzzer did not work and needed to wait for somebody to let us in.

The hotel is more Arabic than we thought and the other guests were mainly Arabic during our stay. This was a bit uncomfortable if you are not normally used to interacting with veiled woman and the cultural differences.

The rooms are not numbered but named which we found a unique idea! When using the lift you push the letter your room starts with instead of the floor number.

Our room was nicely decorated and the bathroom was large and very chic! The lightening was not optimal on the downside but as we did not spend a lot of time indoors this was not a real issue. For some reason we were not supplied with wash cloths in the bathroom after the second evening which we missed but did not want to call house keeping after arriving late in the evening to have them brought up.

It was odd that for a double room only 3 coffee capsuls were provided. You are told you can request more but they should cater 4-6 from the start. We purchased our own milk from a nearby shop which we stored in the mini bar for our stay.

The location is very good and you can walk to two different tube stations within minutes.
As we sleep with an open window it was a bit loud as we faced a rather busy road. If you are used to a quiet enviroment this could be a bit challenging.

It was an interesting yet pleasant stay.

Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank andrea p
Reviewed 10 March 2016

As the website honestly shows, the small single is really small but keeps its standard as a luxury boutique hotel. Good enough for a single business traveller.
Some may feel slight sound coming from the tube a bit uncomfortable, in particular when taking a nap.
The atomosphere is classic British but with Arabic flavour.
Good enough for having relaxed time with gorgeous feeling.
The staff are full of customer first spirits.

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 18 February 2016

This small, well placed hotel offers a haven away from the London bustle. However, despite having guaranteed my internet booking with my Amex details, on arrival, the same card could not be swiped for payment guarantee and it took 20 minutes of confusion and trying various options before we had properly checked in.

Our room was adequate, but for an expensive "King Executive", not very large. The standard lamp was not working and the tissue dispenser held only one tissue. The coffee machine was furnished with 3 capsules only and there was no milk - all these things inexcusable when one is paying over £250 per night.This is a "dry" hotel, but they are happy for guests to bring their own bottles to consume in the room.

The breakfast (not included) was sufficient as a continental - we did not try the cooked.

We were allowed to keep our luggage in the lobby after checkout, but on returning for it, spent 6 or 7 minutes on the doorstep before the door was opened - as a consequence we just missed our train and had to buy additional tickets!

All in all, we considered our stay to be an expensive way to receive barely adequate service.

Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 January 2016 via mobile

I booked the Adria as a 30th birthday surprise for my husband and I. What a wonderful hotel, the decor is beautiful with lots of little extra touches. The staff were fantastic, for example, finding a bottle of water on our bedsides and slippers on the floor for when we returned at night. I was aware that the hotel is a 'dry' hotel so there is no bar or pork products available at breakfast. However this was not an issue, the mini bear was stocked with water and varied drinks that was also inclusive of the price.
As I booked for my husbands birthday the hotel kindly gave us complimentary continental breakfast however due to the very cold weather we both had a warm breakfast, both of which was lovely.
I would highly recommend the hotel to anyone and I know where I will be staying on my next London visit!

Date of stay: January 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 December 2015 via mobile

Me and my Boyfriend stayed here for 2 nights commencing 27th December. On arrival we were welcomed and offered a hot beverage which was very nice as our journey to London had been a nightmare. The staff were very friendly and attentive. When calling room service, the response was very speedy. The bathroom had lovely underfloor heating, a tv in the bath and a rainfall shower. Our room had a lovely fireplace which turned on and off with the touch of a button. The mini fridge was included in our price and had a good range of drinks. Overall we had a great time staying here and I would like to thank the staff for making our stay so brilliant.

Date of stay: December 2015