“Authentic tastes and lively atmosphere”
Review of Indian City

Indian City
Reserve with OpenTable
Indian City is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #942 of 25 273 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$16 - US$31
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: City of London
Description: Indian City is a charismatic wood-panelled shop front wedged along New Bridge Street and minutes away from Blackfriars station. With city types, locals and the occasional tourist, Indian City has become a bit of a neighbourhood institution and the restaurant is famous for its classic curries, signature dishes and fast service. The restaurant is a cosy place for casual celebrations, lunchtime get-togethers and work dinners. Indian City has an unpretentious menu which includes renowned dishes.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

We chanced a table for four without booking in advance and were lucky to get a table straight away. The place is quite small with the tables squeezed together. However, the service was quick and the staff very pleasant. All the dishes we tried were spicy but not ridiculously hot and would cater for the average lover of spicy food. The sound levels got quite high after a while and it was quite hard to hold a normal conversation. I know this depends on the day and who you happens to be sitting near but it was a tad "rowdy" for my taste. Apart from that, it was a good experience and the food was top quality.
I can thoroughly reccomend.

1  Thank BoxJarv

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

One of the best curries I have ever had with friendly staff and an extensive menu. Will come again and very soon. Top notch.

1  Thank Michael K
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

I can see why this place is popular, I had an evening meal here with my wife and the food was delicious and the service was attentive and good. No complaints at all, apart from a curry stain on the sleeve of my jumper , but I think that was my fault I can't blame the restaurant for that

Reviewed 4 March 2018

Visited Indian City on a recent trip to London. Ideally situated from our hotel but, next time I'm in the city I would go out of my way to eat there again. Lovely restaurant, nice decor etc. Warm welcome and amazing food, one of the best ever curries. Lovely efficient friendly service too. Can't fault the place.

1  Thank Karen E
Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

The tandoori here is very good and generously portioned. The tikka mixed grill is particularly nice. This with a chapatti and sauce is a meal fit for the most hearty appetite. The meat is well flavoured and very tender. The staff are friendly and welcoming. The atmosphere is very good.