“Great track, Better service required”

TeamSport Go Karting London Tower Bridge
Ranked #105 of 445 Fun & Games in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Stunning 2 Tier Go Karting London The thrills and spills of this track are enough to keep anyone satisfied; it possesses hair-raising bends and elevated flyovers for you to push your Karting skills to the limit. The best Go Karting Track London has to offer and it’s waiting for you to come and try it out. The facility is our flagship venue, with two 400m dual level tracks, first floor & ground floor viewing galleries, conference facilities, fully licensed bar and comprehensive catering options available. What more could you need!
Reviewed 2 September 2018

As with other reviewers my family and I found this to be great fun and a fantastic track spoilt by a lack of customer support. We were told to arrive about 45 mins before starting which we did (1 hour exactly). Met with friendly staff and after checking in were given our gear and told to put bags in locker and meet in briefing room. Lockers didn’t work and I had to ask for someone to help. Then we waited in briefing room for 25 mins before I had to ask if someone was coming. The briefing took 6-10 mins so why did we have to arrive so early? We were then told to go to the track where someone would help. Again I had to ask. We enjoyed the electric go karts although tough to handle. 3 x 8 mins with breaks in between where we were supposed to be briefed on how we were doing. This didn’t happen, the briefing that is. Other drivers on the track with us were very aggressive and my wife and 2 teenage girls were all knocked against the tyres yet nothing was done against these drivers although in briefing they were supposed to be taking off track. Overall this is an excellent experience but requires better service and I would recommend putting people who are doing this for the first time to not be driving with others who are more experienced. Someone will get hurt otherwise. One other thing they need to mend the roof as we had to wait for our last session as heavy rain leaked on to the track.

Lucinda F, Guest Relations Manager at TeamSport Go Karting London Tower Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am very sorry to hear that you felt let down by the customer service during your experience. We want all of our customers to get the most out of their karting experience off and on track! Your comments have been passed on to the track team so that a member of our crew can review this further and get in touch to discuss.

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"straights"
"stats"

Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

First time go karting and overall I would say parts of it were fun. Staff were friendly and the facilities were clean and looked slick. If you book in for 3 sets of 8 minutes be aware that the session will take approximately 2.5 hours - we got there at just before 4.30pm and left just after 7pm.
The karts were good and the fact that they’re electric made it much quieter than a petrol track, but I do agree with other reviewers they can be quite different to handle. I was in number 4 and 23 and found 4 to be lighter to handle and quicker. The track is very windy and hard to overtake safely in many places. They’ve made great use of their relatively small space but I think an outdoor track with longer straights to speed up and a wider track to be able to overtake would be far more to my liking.
Whilst I appreciate it isn’t the companies responsibility for how drivers behave, it is their responsibility to police the track. I got rammed into the tyres early on in my first set of laps as 4 guys were racing each other really aggressively. It shook me up (as well as suffering bruised ribs and stiff neck directly afterwards and of course today). They’d said specifically in the safety session it was non-contact but a number of drivers completely ignored this.
I thought there might be a couple of accidental taps throughout the sessions , but the force with which I was hit was completely unnecessary and made me incredibly nervous it would happen again in my next 2 sessions.
The marshal came over at the time of the crash to ask me if I was ok then started saying if groups were racing and bunching up in that way these things would happen. I pointed out to him that I was not part of a group driving like that and my only race was with myself.
As far as I’m aware no one was penalised (sent to the pit stops) in my 3 sets of laps which was incredibly surprising seeing the way some people drove.
My friend’s enjoyment and speed times were also impeded by testosterone fuelled, aggressive, bad driving from others.
Basically you can have the best facilities going but if the marshals don’t stop dangerous driving it will massively impact the enjoyment of people who just want to go fast and not treat the event as if it’s fairground dodgems!
I also think there were also far too many people in our group. We had 15 drivers and the course is way too tight for amateurs to safely overtake - most of the second set of laps we spent on yellow lights trundling round, due to pile ups and spin offs. The group in-front of us had 8 drivers which is a far safer number.
So 4 stars for overall facilities but 2 for doing nothing to stop dangerous driving.
If you choose to go, I would suggesting going with enough friends so you can have a whole timed session to yourselves.

Lucinda F, Guest Relations Manager at TeamSport Go Karting London Tower Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am very sorry to hear that your experience was let down by other participants out on the track and that you felt the track rules were not followed as necessary. This is something we take very seriously and therefore would like to investigate further with the team as to why these drivers were not given black flags and following re-education processes. If you could please contact us directly at info@team-sport.co.uk so we can review the date of your visit then a member of the team will be able to discuss this further with you and I hope we will get the opportunity to make this up to you in future. Kind regards, LucindaF

Reviewed 20 July 2018 via mobile

I am 13 years old I came with my mum to the Tower Hill venue.
The staff were nice and the briefing video was very informative.
I recommend coming here with more people as it can be competitive but still enjoyable. I liked the hot dog and they offered free tap water so you don't need to spend extra money on water.

To improve they need a wider variety of healthy food- prices could be cheaper too.

A small word of advice, don'tbuy the black balaclavas selling for £3.50, the disposable ones are more than sufficient and only 50p.

Lucinda F, Guest Relations Manager at TeamSport Go Karting London Tower Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. It's great to hear your feedback and recommendations! We look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards, LucindaF

Reviewed 20 July 2018

Started out well, our first race as expected was a race so far so good. In our second race a group of teenagers were put in with our group these new drivers were driving recklessly, slamming in to the back of me on a red light, pushing other drivers in to the barriers etc. no action was taken by the marshall's and the entirety of the race was on yellow flag due to this absolute carnage, after two laps fearing for my safety I came in to the pits and ultimately for the race was canceled after 3 laps. We were not compensated with another race. When talking to the Manager who instantly went in to defensive mode he rudely explained the risk of other drivers ruining our race is not team sports responsibility and somehow it was our fault that we did not get the service we paid for. So basically if you want to risk paying £45 to not actually get what you paid for then check this place out, otherwise... save your money and go somewhere that they are professional.