“World class!!!”

The Harry Potter London Tour by Discovery Tours
Ranked #115 of 769 Tours in London
More attraction details
Owner description: The Harry Potter London Tour is a free DIY walking/tube tour that visitors and Londoners can use to visit the London locations that have featured in the Harry Potter films. Written by author and Blue Badge London Tourist guide Richard Jones, it is a step by step guide that takes participants all over London. The tour is also laid out as a treasure hunt and can be used as to visit other attractions passed en route.
Reviewed 31 January 2018

We went during December and the set up in the great hall was of xmas and was just perfect....the great hall was something to behold .....not to mention the staff, they really knew their stuff and were extremely friendly, humerous and helpful although left you to your devices which was a nice touch...definitely going back to see the great hall as is extra xmas time.

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"magical experience"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed 16 January 2018 via mobile

We pre-booked our tickets for 11:30 am( for my son and my husband, I chose to see other things): child package tour with paperback souvenir guide and one digital guide plus adult ticket 75.95£. They took a train in the morning and after, a shuttle bus to the studios.
When we met again after 5 pm my son had a big smile, some very expensive souvenirs and a lot to talk about.
He had a fantastic experience. They enjoyed and wondered for 3-4 hours. Everything very realistic, well done, well organized, gave a really detail tour behind the scene, beautiful, amazing and very entertainment: Hogwarts model, forbidden forest, great hall, pivot drive, special train and bus, interactive items, all costumes, etc.
It is one “but” : the prices for souvenirs, photos and stuffs too high. My husband spent a fortune for little things only for our son.
I would recommend this tour if you have children or you are Harry Potter fan.
A happy day, an escape from reality to a fantastic world!

1  Thank simani
Reviewed 20 December 2017

My family LOVES Harry Potter! We enjoyed this tour very much! They had everything set up perfectly. We enjoyed seeing the Castle and even the butter beer!!!
If you have kids and they love Harry Potter, this is the place to take them!!! The staff are great and very helpful too!

Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

We arrived early for our tour, and decided to look around the gift shop as my girlfriend is a huge Harry Potter fan and wanted to pick up a few souvieners. I could not believe the prices. Some of the items are really good but the prices are out of this world. I couldn't help but think how terrible this must be for a family with children, as they're left with a choice of spending a fortune or disappointing their children.
The ridiculous commercialism doesn't stop in the gift shop, throughout the tour there are some great green screen setups for photos, however it costs £14 per photo!!!!! Again so disappointing.
The only way to get to the studios from central London is a couple of tubes, a train then a shuttle bus. Shuttle bus isn't dear but perhaps could be included in the cost of a ticket.
The tour itself is only OK, it's nice to see the props but in terms of an experience it's really nothing compared to universal Orlando. I say that as a potter fan myself.
One final note on the gift shop products, I lifted one of the broomsticks from the box they were displayed and instantly a worker came running over asking me to put it down as "they break easy". Odd considering the price that they break so.easily it's a task to get it to the checkout in one piece.

3  Thank Peteclarke7
See more reviews
Reviewed 5 November 2017

Never read a book or saw a movie and yet this was worth the 22 train stops short bus ride and standing in line You will love this attraction the staff is really friendly, theme shops outstanding my niece who has seem the movies and read the books was overwhelmed and took at least 100 pictures but save some flash for the end wont spoil it but it will take your breath away