“The Clarendon Hotel”

The Clarendon Hotel - Blackheath Village
Ranked #374 of 1 077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have stayed at the Clarendon Hotel for many years. I like it. I like the breakfast room. I like the bar downstairs. I love the heath across the road and the walk to Greenwich Park. The chairs in the rooms are very comfortable. It is only 20 minutes by train from Central London. I expect to be back next year.

Room Tip: I get the same rooms every year
Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Ken_milton, General Manager at The Clarendon Hotel - Blackheath Village, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Palsace
Thank you for taking time to leave your feedback. I am delighted to read about your usual custom and thank you very much for choosing The Clarendon Hotel for your stays. We look forward welcoming you back next year and for many more years in the future.

Reviews (1 685)

28 - 32 of 1 685 reviews

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Centrally located. Our room caught a beautiful morning sunrise. Quiet location. Staff very friendly characters. Room was clean but there was a strange smell. Shower at exceptionally low height. Breakfast good.

Room Tip: Bring a scented candle.
Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Roisin H
Thank you for taking time to leave your feedback. I am pleased to read that you found our staff friendly and you enjoyed our location. I will report your comments to our housekeeping dept in regards to the smell. However, once again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed in the hotel for three nights. Hotel staff were helpful, including the trainee receptionist who helped me retrieve my phone that I had left in a taxi service connected to the hotel and offered us a bottle of water each upon leaving for our journey. Room was comfortable and clean, except for my friend finding a spider in her bed. The condensation built up on the window very quickly as well when we were in the room, leading me to believe damp could be a future problem, but no sign of it during our stay. Breakfast was lovely every morning and shortages were quickly replenished. Room service charge one of the cheapest I've ever encountered at only £1, and the menu was wide and varied.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends

Dear lisamccrissican
Thank you for taking time to leave your feedback. I am pleased to read that you found our hotel comfortable and our staff assisted you efficiently. Sophie is our new recruit and it is lovely to read that she assisted you in getting your phone back. In regards to the spider, we are very sorry about that and this is a one time case but it has been reported to the housekeeping dept. Also thank you for drawing our attention to the possible damp issue, this will be looked at straight away. Once again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We booked multiple rooms for our wedding and the guys looked after us from start to finish! They helped out with a block booking code which really helped! Thank you so much! Lovely hotel, location and staff. We definitely recommend!

Room Tip: The suites were great rooms
Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Dear Robbrown99
Thank you for taking time to leave your feedback. It gives me great pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am grateful that you chose our hotel for your special occasion and wish you all the best and congratulations to you both. We look forward to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

If you want to experience an "all-English" experience, The Clarendon Hotel is way to go. Very polite staff, comfortable bed, great selection of TV channels, great English breakfast, and for a special experience, a very (very) creaky floor. Also, Blackheath looks so freaking nice!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Dear Igor G
Thank you for your review. It gives me great pleasure to read your lovely comments about our hotel, staff and overall hospitality. I will sure pass on your feedback to our staff and I also will check the creaky floor you mentioned - thank you for bringing it to my attention. We hope to welcome you back in the future.