The Clarendon Hotel - Blackheath Village
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$336
US$278
Pullman
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$215
Hotel 41(London)
US$878
Hotel 41
  • Room Service
London House Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$116
US$90
Agoda.com
US$394
US$293
Reviews (1 836)
1 836 results
All reviewsgreenwich parkmaritime museumcutty sarkcharing crosslovely hoteltrain stationexcellent breakfastafternoon teabuffet styleeasy accessfamily roomwould stay againone night stayfull englishcentral londonyogurtarena
FilterAll languages
176 - 181 of 1 836 reviews
Reviewed 17 October 2017

Centrally located. Our room caught a beautiful morning sunrise. Quiet location. Staff very friendly characters. Room was clean but there was a strange smell. Shower at exceptionally low height. Breakfast good.

Room Tip: Bring a scented candle.
Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Ken_milton, General Manager at The Clarendon Hotel - Blackheath Village, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

Dear Roisin H
Thank you for taking time to leave your feedback. I am pleased to read that you found our staff friendly and you enjoyed our location. I will report your comments to our housekeeping dept in regards to the smell. However, once again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed in the hotel for three nights. Hotel staff were helpful, including the trainee receptionist who helped me retrieve my phone that I had left in a taxi service connected to the hotel and offered us a bottle of water each upon leaving for our journey. Room was comfortable and clean, except for my friend finding a spider in her bed. The condensation built up on the window very quickly as well when we were in the room, leading me to believe damp could be a future problem, but no sign of it during our stay. Breakfast was lovely every morning and shortages were quickly replenished. Room service charge one of the cheapest I've ever encountered at only £1, and the menu was wide and varied.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends

Dear lisamccrissican
Thank you for taking time to leave your feedback. I am pleased to read that you found our hotel comfortable and our staff assisted you efficiently. Sophie is our new recruit and it is lovely to read that she assisted you in getting your phone back. In regards to the spider, we are very sorry about that and this is a one time case but it has been reported to the housekeeping dept. Also thank you for drawing our attention to the possible damp issue, this will be looked at straight away. Once again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 17 October 2017

We booked multiple rooms for our wedding and the guys looked after us from start to finish! They helped out with a block booking code which really helped! Thank you so much! Lovely hotel, location and staff. We definitely recommend!

Room Tip: The suites were great rooms
Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Ken_milton, General Manager at The Clarendon Hotel - Blackheath Village, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2017

Dear Robbrown99
Thank you for taking time to leave your feedback. It gives me great pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am grateful that you chose our hotel for your special occasion and wish you all the best and congratulations to you both. We look forward to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 17 October 2017

If you want to experience an "all-English" experience, The Clarendon Hotel is way to go. Very polite staff, comfortable bed, great selection of TV channels, great English breakfast, and for a special experience, a very (very) creaky floor. Also, Blackheath looks so freaking nice!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Dear Igor G
Thank you for your review. It gives me great pleasure to read your lovely comments about our hotel, staff and overall hospitality. I will sure pass on your feedback to our staff and I also will check the creaky floor you mentioned - thank you for bringing it to my attention. We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

A friend of ours had his Wedding Reception at this lovely hotel this weekend, although we do not live to far away we decided to book in for the night to eliminate any rushing around, and making the whole experienced a relaxed,
I have to say it was one of our better choices as The Clarendon Hotel is lovely hotel it is not overboard and get the mix of culture and requirement balance in perfect balance,
The Hotel is Grand and very sophisticated looking but what makes it stand out from so many others is it's staff who were very courteous, kind and considerate, in a job and environment that must get very stressful at times, with so many people to please and things to get right first time,
From the minute we walked in I saw nothing but smiling faces with a real willingness to help, offering assistance with our bags to ensuring we knew where the elevator was, if needed,
If you need a break from the day to day hustle and bustle take time out and stay at The Clarendon, you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: The rear of the building will be quieter than those at the front
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Ken_milton, General Manager at The Clarendon Hotel - Blackheath Village, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Dear Kevin G, thank you for your review and kind comments regarding really committed working staff, all staff will read your review and I know it will give the staff a great lift. I am very lucky. I am so pleased you stayed with us and please come again.