“Quick one night stay ”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London ExCel
Ranked #327 of 1 081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

We were booked at the Hilton excel by friends as a birthday gift for one night in August.

The hotel is a few minutes walk from the DLR station and the Excel exhibition centre and is right on the river front which is visible from the breakfast restaurant. It’s also not far from city airport and you can see planes regularly taking off but you can’t hear the noise of the planes which is a bonus.

We got there early evening and were able to check in straight away. The front desk staff were very polite and helpful.

Unfortunately they did not have us down as a family room so the pull out bed was not made up but we were just dropping off bags and going back out so it wasn’t a problem. When we returned later that night we mentioned it to the front desk and within minutes some arrived to make up the bed.

The room was so big and well equipped with bed, sofa/bed, desk, wardrobe and tea and coffee making facilities.

The breakfast is a buffet style with lots of choice of hot and cold food. They also had staff walking around refilling coffees as needed which was good.

All in all we had a really good stay and would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Michael M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London ExCel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2018

Thank you so very much for taking your own time to write such a heartfelt review of your recent stay, my team and I always appreciate feedback.

The little things mean a great deal to all of the team, and our mission is to create a heartfelt experience for all our guests, and on this occasion I was pleased that you found the overall experience to a good level and thank you for your 4 Star review.

We however recognise how important it is to listen to our guests and rest assured we will continue to work hard with all our team to ensure our service is continually improved, and on a next visit I trust you would see first hand how your feedback has been used constructively so we can excel in all areas of our guest services, and hopefully next time we will score a 5 out of 5 review.

We all hope you had a great onward journey following your visit and certainly hope to welcome you again in the very near future. Until then enjoy the remainder of the weekend ahead.

Mike Mason-Shaw

Write a ReviewReviews (1 007)

94 - 98 of 1 007 reviews

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

Very good hotel for a short stay. 5 min walk from nearest DLR station Prince Regent. 20 min by train to Tower location and further connections to all possible destinations in London. 15 min walk to London City airport which is very convenint if you travel without big and heavy luggage. 2 min walk from nearest pub if you don’t mind to have a meal in the hotel. Our dinner experience in the hotel was good as well. The room itself is very big but may be lack of furniture. The noise of trains and planes is not heard. Staff at the desk and in restaurant/bar are pleasing. So, strong recommendations to stay in this hotel.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Mike Mason-Shaw

Reviewed 9 October 2017

I stayed on Saturday before going to the o2 to see a show and couldn't find fault at all.
Parking is free and was right outside the door. Check in prompt and efficient and the warm cookie a real treat after an arduous 2 and a half hours of traffic around London itself. Room was easy to find and comfortable, bed lovely and room and bathroom immaculate. Paid around £110-120 from memory as booked via an agency and would say well worth the money. Free wifi good connection too. Only a 5 minute walk to Prince Regent DLR and got the Emirates Skyline over to the o2 from Royal Victoria. Would stay again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you so very much for taking your own time to write such a heartfelt review of your recent stay, my team and I always appreciate feedback and it was very nice to know how much you liked your recent stay. The little things mean a great deal to all of the team, and our mission is to create a heartfelt experience for all our guests, and on this occasion I was very pleased we made your stay that little more extra special.

Thank you for the 5 Star review, we recognise how important it is to listen to our guests and rest assured we will continue to work hard with our teams to ensure our service is always efficient and excellent.

We all hope that you had a great onward journey following your visit, we certainly hope to welcome you again in the very near future.

Until then enjoy the remainder of the week ahead.

Michael Mason-Shaw

Reviewed 8 October 2017

This room was by far, the worst designed room I have ever seen in my many years of travel. The closet was very small and not only that, for some reason that I spent my entire stay trying to figure out, the clothes hanging bar runs from the back of the closet to the front instead of left to right like every other closet I have ever seen in any hotel or home. What this means is that after you hang your clothes, all you can see is the first garment. To look at or take something from the back, you either must remove all garments of move them out of the way. Not only terribly inconvenient, but it wrinkles all the clothes hanging there. This is the most asinine thing I have ever seen. It makes no sense whatsoever. Additionally, there was ONE small nightstand with three drawers that were each approximately TWO INCHES high. The only thing I could fit in there was socks and underwear. I had jerseys and sweaters that would not even fit. If not for the manager sending me a clothes rack, I essentially would have had to live out of a suitcase for one week! Not what I want to do on a trip. The shape of the mirror in the bathroom also made no sense. There are two large sections to the left and right, and then one approximately six-inch section in the middle that's in line with the sink but not the lights. Shaving was extremely inconvenient. Shaving should not be a chore when traveling. Except for being relatively clean, this was by far the worst designed hotel room I have ever stayed in. This hotel needs serious attention. Very disappointing and I'd expect more from Hilton. You should be embarrassed to sell these rooms. If not for the staff and food quality, I'd rate this hotel poor overall.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Michael M, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London ExCel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2018

Thank you so very much for taking your own time to write a review following your recent stay with our hotel and team at DoubleTree by Hilton London Excel. We certainly appreciate all our guests taking the time to review their stay.

The little things mean a great deal to all of the team, and I was very concerned that on this occasion that we did not meet our usual high delivery of service upon this occasion.

Rest assured your feedback has been shared with all the hotel team, and we will work together to further improve all services we provide to all our guests. And we personally will ensure your feedback is used fully and in the spirit has been provided, so that we may excel in our mission to create heartfelt experiences for all our guests.

We would certainly welcome an opportunity to discuss and make this right for you, we would welcome the opportunity to do so privately and my email contact is guestexperienceteam@dtexcel.com

We do hope we may have the opportunity to make a difference and help make this right for you and I look forward to hearing from you.

Guest Relations

Reviewed 8 October 2017

Easy walking distance to the Excel Conference Center. The staff was amazing and they have a great relationship with taxis in the area to make sure every guest gets where they want to be on time. The breakfast buffet was fantastic and helped us to start the day off on the right foot. Comfortable and clean rooms...everything you could ask for as a business traveler.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Until then enjoy the remainder of the week ahead.

Michael Mason-Shaw