Reviews (7 033)
3 245
2 662
3 245
2 662
All reviews tate britain millbank lounge city cafe pimlico tube big ben the executive lounge apple tv minute walk london eye warm cookies double tree victoria line quiet location building work thames river modern hotel free internet
44 - 49 of 7 033 reviews
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I have just arrived home from a 2 night stay at the Double Tree Westminster. I will provide a disclaimer* I am from Yorkshire so London prices make my toes curl.
That said I understand this is our capital and a tourist destination and cost of living is different.
My greeting on arrival was friendly and helpful. I was slightly disappointed as I was not offered a freshly baked cookie. I read about these in other reviews and of course i didn't ask for one.
I went straight up to my room which was small but adequate. The room had air conditioning and heat control, iron and ironing board, head and coffee making facilities, a fridge with 2 small bottles of complimentary water and a hairdryer. So the basics really. The bathroom is tiny with a sink, shower and toilet. The bathroom door handle did fall off during my stay and the window handle was broken but otherwise the room was clean, tidy and equipped. There was a complimentary bathrobe which looked very old on the back of the bathroom door. In a cupboard i also found 2 pairs of complimentary slippers.Lavender scented mini toiletries, shampoo, conditioner, shower gel and body cream.
While the room was fine just in need of a couple of repairs I do not think the price per night is reasonable as it is basic. Personally at £215 per night, price taken from today's website prices I would want a lot more for my money.
Breakfast was strange, the seating plan means you can end up sitting very close to people you don't know. I am friendly but like my own space and felt uncomfortable. I did end up sitting next to a lovely couple from Ohio. I had to explain how breakfast worked as they where seated and left with no explanation. They thought it would be a served breakfast. The breakfast is £21 basic full English and continental with juices, tea and coffee. The staff work very hard and do try to meet guests needs but again for the price it was basic at best.
The gym, this is on the 13th floor and really made my visit worth while. The equipment is standard kept clean and well maintained. I enjoyed a great work out, this is made better by the fantastic view you have across the city. It is worth a trip to the Gym even if you just want to take on the view.
I did not eat my evening meal in the hotel on the 1st night as a sandwich was £16; so I popped to the shop just 3 minutes from the hotel ( I just Google mapped ) I think it's called westminster supermarket or something like that. I bought a sandwich, some carrots and houmous an orange and a breakfast biscuit for £4.
The food I ate the following evening at the gala dinner was lovely. I'm pescatarian so I had the vegetarian option which was ravioli style pasta it was lovely. My meat eating colleagues had beef with potatoes and veg and they reported it was very tasty.
I would say the location of this hotel is good you get the peaceful element, lovely views and parks nearby. You could walk into London quite easily if you are visiting to site see.
The hotel itself in my opinion is currently overpriced giving consideration to this being London.
The staff are friendly, helpful and hardworking and probably support the main of the positive feedback for the hotel.
I would only visit again if the pricing was reduced to meet the current standard of the hotel or it was business and I was not paying.
The taxi driver on the drive to the train station was brilliant; pointing out all of the tourist attractions.
I hope this review helps

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
3  Thank Julie T
Matthew W, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton London - Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Julie T

Thank you for taking the time to leave such comprehensive feedback.

I am glad that you enjoyed many aspects of your visit and we will work on those points that you found disappointing and we could improve on.

We hope to be able to welcome you back again on your next visit to the capital.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This hotel is everything you would expect the property to be. It is well situated nearby to many attractions that we could walk to, as well as nearby subway lines that helped us get where we wanted to go. The rooms are sort of small by American standards, but very comfortable. The bathroom was very nice, if also a bit cramped. The front desk and bell staff are very helpful and friendly and provide great tips for the area. The restaurant and bar staff, however, were a bit challenging. I suspect there is a cultural difference that I'm just not aware of, but they were really not very attentive. It was difficult to get their attention, get drinks refilled, get the bill at the end of the meal, etc. The breakfast buffet was very nice and anyone could find something they would enjoy, and it was all well prepared. Evening options were more limited so we tended to eat out. We stayed a week and used it as a hub to see all the sights in London. It was very enjoyable and I would visit again.

Room Tip: My room faced the street and was very quiet so I think all rooms are probably good.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Dear ghostrider525

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments after your week long stay with us.

I am pleased that overall you enjoyed the time with us and we will take away the points you raised where we could improve and work on those.

We hope to be able to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The room was very basic but spacious, clean and inoffensive. For £200 per night, I did expect something a little nicer though to be perfectly honest.

The hotel didn't seem very busy - but we did very much appreciate that this meant a speedy check in and out.

Overall a good stay as the location was perfect for our needs.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Will_1814

Thank you for leaving your review after your stay with us here at the DoubleTree by Hilton London Westminster.

I am glad that you enjoyed our great location but sorry you found the room basic.

We do hope to be able to welcome you back on your next trip to London.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

The smallest bathroom ever!! No mini bar. No cork screw. Very disappointing for the price GBP218 for one night. Great location. Upgrade as a Diamond card holder - same drab room but higher up! Would I stay again - NO!

Room Tip: Not sure there are any
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Squasy

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review after your recent stay with us.

I am sorry that you were disappointed with certain aspects of your visits and things that you felt should be in the room that we do not supply.

I am sorry to read that you will not return again in the future but wish you all the best in your future travels.

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

Great hotel super location great doubletree standard no faults spotless and stylish
Roommate booked direct was a good price
Facilities were well kept and the hotel was clean.
Our room was the entry level double excellent!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business

Dear milo1001

Thank you for posting your comments and for our 5 out of 5 score.

I am delighted that you had such a good time and we hope to welcome you back again soon.