“Everything a High-End Steakhouse Should Be!”

The Bull Steak Expert
Reserve with OpenTable
The Bull Steak Expert is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #255 of 25 305 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$20 - US$52
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Holborn
Reviewed 8 November 2017

Came to the Bull which specialises in Argentinian steak after 2 years of recommendations and it really did not disappoint. I’m only sorry it took me so long to try here but will definitely be back again with friends.
Cosy and intimate setting upstairs which seats about 20 and a bigger basement which would probably hold another 25 or so.
We were given an appetiser of seasoned steak on fresh bread and it was so tender, it really excited me for what was to come with the main.
I had Berenjenas En Escabache (Grilled Aubergine) for starter and the husband had Salmon Tiradito, (thinly sliced seasoned salmon) Both were presented well and very very tasty.

The host was very knowledgeable and made great recommendations, I asked for Sirloin and she choose Corona de Angosto for me which was a butterfly cut with a fried egg and saffron on top. I like my steak rare and find most places serve it a little overcooked - not this huge steak. It was wonderful, so tender. Absolutely melt in your mouth.
The husband had Asado de Angosto Marinado – a long butterfly cut of Sirloin with garlic and herbs. He loved his, perfectly cooked to a medium rare. We had sides of Corn on the cob, roasted vegetable and the obligatory chips. English mustard and Chimichuri sauces.

We had a cheesboard served with slivers of quince which I had tasted in Spain earlier this year and loved and a lovely cheesecake with homemade ice-cream.

There is a very nice wine list but I am a beer girl & the husband doesn’t drink. I usually drink Peroni as it’s nice and light. I tried an Argentinian beer “Quilmes” which was lovely. I also had a port and an Espresso Martini which is my personal favourite.

I couldn’t fault this place at all. There was a lovely atmosphere and tables were being filled just as soon as guests were leaving. The staff were very professional and the skilled preparation/presentation all combined wonderfully for a perfect dining experience.Try it - you won't regret it.

5  Thank Deisesam

Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

The bull is a decent steak restaurant. Staff are accommodating. My son choose this restaurant for his birthday meal. It's a good decision after all. Only downside is it's pricey. £277 for 5 people is too much. If you're on a budget don't go here but if money is no object, highly recommended.

3  Thank robisblind
Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

Food: Amazing steak - I had the ribeye and the meat quality was superb. And I will come back, possibly tomorrow. The heavenly truffle gnocchi were silky and light (made in house, I was told) - personally I don’t think it needs the tomato sauce. Gnocchi, truffle and butter, basta!
The little steak bruschetta welcome was divine.
Wine: nice choice - follow the recommendation of the waiter.
Drinks: only Patron tequila. Why not try some Don Julio?
Don’t think I can manage dessert.
A little side note for all restaurants: a lady guest on her own always deserves better than the table next to the entrance door.

4  Thank andie_ch
Reviewed 2 November 2017 via mobile

Would higly recommend this fabolouse restaurant, they are truly a steakhouse expert. Best beef and service. Would visit again. Feels like we are heartly welcommed! We love it!

5  Thank Thomas G
TBSE, General Manager at The Bull Steak Expert, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

MANAGEMENT RESPONSE:
TBSE, Manager at The Bull Steak Expert, responded to this review

Thank you very much for your visit. We are delighted that you enjoyed your experience with us.
We hope to see you again

Reviewed 27 October 2017

Firstly, we visited this restaurant 6 months ago and gave 5 stars, today we give it 2 stars. Atmosphere was non-existent as.we were the only dinners. Starters very good, hence the 2 stars, main course. I ordered Rib-Eye medium-rare and my wife ordered Beef Milanese which came with chips and a rubbery fried egg.
This is where the fun starts, my rib-eye was too chewy to eat with all the gristle in it. I called over a waitress who explained to me that rib-eye was not best eaten medium rare, as the fat doesn't render down, why was I not advised regarding this when my order was taken THE BULL STEAK EXPERT. The rib-eye was taken away and replaced by a small fillet. However, my chips and sauce was not replenished, therefore when my steak appeared, my chips and sauce was cold and my wife had finished her meal. I would like to add that the fillet was indeed very nice and on paying the bill my wife did not pay for my chips. However, my wife's beef milanese was presented poorly and looked unappitising. This is where I come to the title the fried egg on the beef milanese was cold, rubbery, brown round the edges with a hard yolk. This in my mind sums up the meal.

3  Thank markhas