“Too much cost for too little taste”

Giraffe Stop - Kings Cross
Ranked #9 103 of 24 651 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$5 - US$18
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner
Description: Freshly cooked food for everyone served to the sound of great music - guaranteed to make you feel good!
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We've ordered 4 Burgers and 4 Fries. They nearly forgot one portion fries. When we came home we noticed that they didn't give us one Burger.
The food wasn't even good for that price.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

I don't really understand this branch of Giraffe. I know people (especially families) like the franchise which is why I gave it a try having been disappointed with the Sounth Bank venue.

This is worse - it's more like a European sefl-service, service station feel than a restaurant. It's not clear how things operate and you end up doing what the staff, who look so dejected yet still expect a tip for not even reaching minimum standards of service, are meant to be doing.

The food, when it did arrive, was small and thrown together - no sense of presentation and no seasoning/taste other than bland. It arrived at differnt times and temperatures - some had gone cold, some arrived after others had finished eating. That's not what I was looking for.

To be fair and balanced, the experience in most eateries in the station is the same.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

I ordered breakfast and a hot drink. The restaurant was about half full. My drink came quickly. When my breakfast arrived everything on the plate (except for the half tomato and the sausage) was stone cold. The tomato was warm, the sausage was the only fairly hot thing on the plate -definitely not worth £7.75. The beans were cheap and there was no cutlery or salt on my table, I had to ask for them. The music was dreadful; although it did eventually improve. I watched the service hatch and saw why meals were being served cold as the waiters weren't collecting them immediately. Whilst I was finishing my drink 2 waiters came up and I felt pressured to leave.
I will not be eating here again.

Reviewed 6 February 2018

Killed half an hour with a late breakfast. Bacon bap and a coffee. Service was good and friendly. Bacon bap was pretty small.

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

Came here with a friend for lunch over the weekend. We met in King’s Cross and were looking for a place to have a quick lunch and stumbled upon this restaurant. I had no idea it was a chain as I’d never heard of it.
At King’s Cross station the restaurant is located upstairs.

We both had the classic burger without mayo but with fries. The food must’ve been ready because it came as soon as we sat down after ordering. The burger was tasty and felt “light” not like the usual burger you eat at other places. The price was pretty good for the location.

The staff is very friendly. My friend didn’t like the cucumber water (which is the one you get as tap water) and the waiter switched to normal water.

Overall not bad for a restaurant chain.